Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 01:31 PM

Things for BEST!

Do you keep things (clothes / glass ware / dinner service / etc) for special occasions, or use now and whenever you want to?

For myself, I enjoy what I have today. (Although I would not go to the Supermarket in a ball-gown ....... if I owned one)!

Regards,
Rainbow
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 01:38 PM

Re: Things for BEST!

I have been giving a lot of stuff away as I am not likely to use it again. We have our house on the market and want to downsize, if we ever do sell we can't take all our junk with us. I am not in the slightest bit sentimental about possessions and quite happy to see stuff we have had for years go to someone else.

We have a lovely canteen of cultery which I am hoping one of the kids will take off our hands, as it is a bit too good to send down to the charity shop. We only entertain the kids these days and they don't need posh!
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 01:44 PM

Hi qetta, This is how the Charity Shops can benefit, including people finding something that they will enjoy - one man's trash in another man's treasure!

Might you also consider a Car Boot Sale too?

Regards,
Rainbow
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 01:46 PM

I have a dinner service that is only used at Christmas, it's not particularly special also a canteen of cutlery.

My mum left me all of her crystal glasses because we always use them as everyday glasses and she approved of that!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Hi qetta, This is how the Charity Shops can benefit, including people finding something that they will enjoy - one man's trash in another man's treasure!

Might you also consider a Car Boot Sale too?

Regards,
Rainbow
Whilst I donate loads of stuff to the charity shops around here, the canteen of cutlery was far too expensive to donate in that way, they would probably put a silly cheap price on it anyway. I would much prefer to give it to one of the kids.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

06-09-2010, 02:16 PM

Hi Moetmum, Would I be right in thinking that the Dinner Service for Christmas is an enjoyable tradition that you all know will be used for that special time?

Lovely to hear about your Crystal glasses. (Sure, more possibility of breaking if used daily - but I would rather that, then ensuring they never break by never using them)!

Regards,
Rainbow
Dancingsky
None

06-09-2010, 02:28 PM

We inherited my mother-in-law's crystal glasses and water jug. I had great pleasure in letting the chairty shop have them as I disliked them almost as much as I disliked her!
Rainbow
Surrey UK

06-09-2010, 02:38 PM

Hey qetta, did you actually dislike the glasses and water jug? Or was if purely because of their 'source'!

(PS. Also given me an idea for a Topic)!!

Regards,
Rainbow
Dancingsky
None

06-09-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Hey qetta, did you actually dislike the glasses and water jug? Or was if purely because of their 'source'!

(PS. Also given me an idea for a Topic)!!

Regards,
Rainbow

Actually I did dislike the crystal, it wasn't the sort I would have displayed, as it wasn't what I would describe as quality!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 08:18 PM

Nope - use everything!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top