Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 02:04 PM

I hate dressing up

By now you will have guessed that this old girl is the batty side of sane!

I have always detested dressing up, much preferring to be in trousers and Tshirt than a dress or skirt. As long as my clothes are clean, comfy and the colours don't clash too violently that is all that bothers me! My mother was a sophiticated, attractive, fashionable woman when younger, and liked her four daughters, of whom I am the eldest, to compliment her when walking behind her as we marched down the aisle at church! I am still rebelling! Even on my wedding day I chose a very simple dress, elegant but no frills and flounces. When my two younger daughters got married I was frogmarched to the shop so they could help me choose my clothes, just in case I turned up in my scruffs!

Obviously I can dress up if I absolutely have to, like at my father's funeral. He had been a senior politician in his day (not in the UK) and the great and the good attended, even a representative of the Queen was present. As his eldest I had a prominent role to play so had to look the part. I don't think I let the old chap down!

Similarly I dislike make up, I hate the feel of it on my face. Mind you that has its advantages, when I had a professional make up session for one of the TV progs I have taken part in, the make up artist told me my skin was in very good condition probably because I rarely wear the stuff. I do put moisturising cream on each day though. Even though I am 60 I don't have too many wrinkles yet and my hair colour is all my own, not too much grey!

I do like earrings (studs) and have a selection which I can choose from. I also like perfume.

Is there anyone else on this forum who dislikes dressing up and make up?
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 02:23 PM

Re: I hate dressing up

I'm the same. I like to feel comfortable and never never wear dresses, and only dress up if I am going somewhere very special.
I don't wear make up either and my skin is good, like you just a little moisturiser.
You know we could be sisters
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by madmare ->
I'm the same. I like to feel comfortable and never never wear dresses, and only dress up if I am going somewhere very special.
I don't wear make up either and my skin is good, like you just a little moisturiser.
You know we could be sisters
I like you!

Mind you our eldest girl is even worse than me, I don't think she has worn a dress or skirt in many years. She is a busy vicar and her ecclesiastical garb covers a multitude of sins.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 03:44 PM

Same here, it is nice occasionally to dress-up (remind myself that I can scrub up quite well)!!!

When working I can wear jeans and casual/smart tops. Even so, I still enjoy changing into a good old sloppy top!

I also stopped wearing the fuddle duddle of a bra years ago. (Thankfully not hugely endowed, so don’t need to worry about my top meeting my waist)!!
But I so enjoy the freedom and comfort. Do wear various types of nice ‘cami-vests’ plain and fancy (for the sake of modesty)!

Make-up? Just a flick of powder sometimes, quick flash of mascara (no liner etc) and a nice lipstick. Never got into regularly using a moisturiser - hope I don’t end up like a dry prune!!!

Regards,
Rainbow

claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 03:46 PM

I don`t get dolled up - never have done. Clean, yes, tidy(ish) yes - fashionable? can`t be a**ed.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 04:14 PM

I think comfort has to come before everything else - but great if you can do both, look (or rather feel) great _and_ be comfortable
Dancingsky
None

06-09-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Same here, it is nice occasionally to dress-up (remind myself that I can scrub up quite well)!!!

When working I can wear jeans and casual/smart tops. Even so, I still enjoy changing into a good old sloppy top!

I also stopped wearing the fuddle duddle of a bra years ago. (Thankfully not hugely endowed, so don’t need to worry about my top meeting my waist)!!
But I so enjoy the freedom and comfort. Do wear various types of nice ‘cami-vests’ plain and fancy (for the sake of modesty)!

Make-up? Just a flick of powder sometimes, quick flash of mascara (no liner etc) and a nice lipstick. Never got into regularly using a moisturiser - hope I don’t end up like a dry prune!!!

Regards,
Rainbow

I like those pull over your head bra tops, much more comfy, imo. I am reasonably well endowed but they work for me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 06:42 PM

Casual and comfortable for me but I do try to make the effort if we go anywhere special...
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 07:13 PM

Jeans, comfy trousers and baggy tops for me. Well most things are baggy on me anyway, I possess just two skirts (both denim) and one dress. They are kids' clothes, aged 13 years so not a lot of choice really unless I go about in a micro skirt and top.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 08:10 PM

I always had to wear skirts/dresses (preferred skirts) always black suits and blouses etc to work (no trousers allowed), even after the rules changed and I could wear trousers, I continued to wear skirt suits! Now - I live in denims and black t-shirts! I hate dressing up as well, only when necessary!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top