Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 10:12 PM

Re: Do/Did you Get Along with IN-LAWS?

My in-laws are dead now, but I got on very well with both of them - even though my husband was their only son and I was his second wife (we were both divorcees). In reality my mum-in-law was a better friend to me than my own mum - she was such a gracious lady with a great sense of humour and common-sense - I can honestly say I loved her.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 10:15 PM

What a lovely compliment to your late mother-in-law. (I presume she must have been equally proud of you as a daughter-in-law).

Rainbow
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 04:00 PM

Well, I had 3 sets so depends which ones we are talking about! (Yes I have had a full and varied life) LOL
My first in laws were lovely - mainly because they thought I was too good for their son, and were bitterly disappointed (with me) when I married him! (and they were right all along )
My second in laws were horrible, control freaks, who had complete hold over their son, (and he put his mother before me and his daughter) old fashioned and stuffy, no sense of humour, compassion or generosity of heart or money. \only looked at their little bubble world and if you weren't like them there was something wrong with you! In fact, my mother in law prided herself on the fact that she had never ever, given a penny to charity in her life!! She also said to me ''I cannot understand why people would want to adopt a child that isn't theirs, they must be mad going to work for a child that doesn't belong to them!''
they were self absorbed, greedy, material people, they thought I wasn't good enough for their son! and when I had my severely disabled daughter they thought she wasn't good enough either, unfortunately, their son was a lot like them! LOL this is good isn't it? Are you able to follow this? LOL
Third in laws nice people, not big achievers,they are loyal to my husbands ex wife!! In fact, they put her before their son never mind me!
More worried about upsetting the ex than their own son and his wife and grandson! Mother in law has passed away now, father in law is still living and I tolerate him from a distance of over 100 miles, we don't fight, never have, but there will never be a real connection and I have never really been welcomed in, because the y have this fear of the ex lol even when I had their only granson, the first thign they said was ''she will not be happy when she finds out''
The continued friendship (he says he can't stand her, but doesn't want to upset her or his 2 gran daughters wont speak to him, that's my husbands 2 grown up girls, why is it ok to upset your own kids?) with the ex daughter in law is probably going to continue as it has for the last 10 years even though the ex is re married, at the expense of everyone elses feelings I'm afraid!

June x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top