Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 04:33 PM

Store Cupboard?

Do you keep a regular check of tins or packets at the back of a Kitchen cupboard???

Do you sometimes find something dated xxxxx B.C.

Or do you have a well organised system?

Regards,
Rainbow
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 05:05 PM

Re: Store Cupboard?

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Do you keep a regular check of tins or packets at the back of a Kitchen cupboard???

Do you sometimes find something dated xxxxx B.C.

Or do you have a well organised system?

Regards,
Rainbow

I try to only buy as much as we need and no more, I dislike waste.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 05:26 PM

Nothing like the one`s who `got round to it`-after years.

As from last week the walk in pantry has clean shelves,organised saucepans and nothing past it`s best by date.

We will forget the grime,filth and chaos that prevailed and the `stuff` I threw away from 2004
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 05:41 PM

OG, well of course, we will not mention to another person!!

By the way, you are fortunate having a walk-in Pantry. Not huge into Kitchens but would love such a Pantry.

Rainbow
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 05:47 PM

Sometimes buy spices with good intentions but they remain in the cupboard for several years and end up being binned. Did find jar of pickled onions at the back of the cupboard the other day several years out of date. My husband loved them but he died nearly four years ago so must have been brought before then as I hate them.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 08:14 PM

Nope! Haven't time!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 08:55 PM

Got a thing about checking dates etc. - everything in my kitchen cupboards are organised-know exactly what I have because all tins/packets are in groups...like all soup together....tuna/salmon together...sauces and spices together with all labels facing front!!!!! Know exactly what I need to buy then when I do weekly shop! Sounds sad I know, but that's just me!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:06 PM

Oh Merz - I envy your organisation - please come and sort me out. I am a terrible hoarder and I am still in provider mode from when the kids were living at home. I think I am worried that they will turn up and say I have nothing to give them. I have cupboards which are overspill cupboards for the stuff I already have in stock - I am such a sucker for the bogof and I always buy a large one or two if the label says it is cheaper. Every now and then I have a purge and go through all the cupboards - I am really surprised at how many things I find are getting out of date or already gone over (especially tins and packets). I think I am beyond redemption
Rainbow
Surrey UK

06-09-2010, 09:10 PM

Merz, why should that "sound sad"? You obviously have a well organised system. And do not buy unnecessarily or waste. That is surely good and certainly not sad!

Wish I could aspire to even a little bit similar!!!

Rainbow
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Got a thing about checking dates etc. - everything in my kitchen cupboards are organised-know exactly what I have because all tins/packets are in groups...like all soup together....tuna/salmon together...sauces and spices together with all labels facing front!!!!! Know exactly what I need to buy then when I do weekly shop! Sounds sad I know, but that's just me!
You sound so organised, Merz, I'm envious!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top