Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:48 PM

Re: Store Cupboard?

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Oh Merz - I envy your organisation - please come and sort me out. I am a terrible hoarder and I am still in provider mode from when the kids were living at home. I think I am worried that they will turn up and say I have nothing to give them. I have cupboards which are overspill cupboards for the stuff I already have in stock - I am such a sucker for the bogof and I always buy a large one or two if the label says it is cheaper. Every now and then I have a purge and go through all the cupboards - I am really surprised at how many things I find are getting out of date or already gone over (especially tins and packets). I think I am beyond redemption
Next time I'm in Derbyshire Aerolor at my Brothers, I'll come and sort you out.
Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Merz, why should that "sound sad"? You obviously have a well organised system. And do not buy unnecessarily or waste. That is surely good and certainly not sad!

Wish I could aspire to even a little bit similar!!!

Rainbow
Just said that Rainbow because my friend told me I was
At least I know what's in my cupboards...hers are just a mess
Originally Posted by Mags ->
You sound so organised, Merz, I'm envious!
I like to be organised Mags...I don't hoard anything and and have no clutter! 'A place for everything, and everything in its place'
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:49 PM

No I am very good about that .....

but had a fit when we did out my mums store cupboard.... things from 2008 but realised that that was the years she stopped cooking for herself
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Sorry to hear that JJ'girl.

Rainbow
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by jj'sgirl ->
No I am very good about that .....

but had a fit when we did out my mums store cupboard.... things from 2008 but realised that that was the years she stopped cooking for herself
Yes - it was the same when we finally got to do my mum's (she never used to let us help her and was fiercely independent). It was only when we were sorting out after she had died that we realised how things had got out of hand. It made me feel guilty, but she used to get so angry and upset with my sister and I every time we tried to do anything for her.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 10:05 PM

Snap.... she had a fit everytime I mentioned doing out the cupboard and would say don't throw that I need it

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top