Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 02:58 PM

What gives you pleasure and satisfaction?

I am fortunate enough to have three hobbies which give me pleasure and satisfaction. The first is digital art, I pick out the colours from the digital paint palette with my mouse, and create a picture on screen, I can also add some special effects. Whilst I have have sold my work I get more pleasure from creating a picture, for free, just to make someone happy. My art is hanging in various countries around the world, so I am told!

I enjoy writing poems and have had quite a number published over the years.

I write articles, which also get published from time to time. I also enjoy writing personalised stories for the under eights often where the children are the hero/heroine, kids just love that. I wrote them initially for my grandchildren and their friends, but I have also written them for kids of people I have met on line (for free of course). I am in discussions at present with a US agent who likes the very first story I ever wrote and would like to find a publisher for me, we shall see.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 03:11 PM

Re: What gives you pleasure and satisfaction?

picking up `feeder lines` to think what gives me pleasure and satisfaction.

But just this once

Playing the fool
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 03:29 PM

My grandchildren give me pleasure and satisfaction,

I like to think I raised my children properly and it's nice to see that my grandchildren are being raised in a similar manner, polite and respectful.

I hope it continues through their teenage years!!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 08:09 PM

My parrots and especially my Utonagan dog, Loki, give me the most pleasure - as do the birds outside as well and those I see at the RSPB at Lochwinnoch.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 09:13 PM

My Hatti girl
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 09:15 PM

My Hatti girl (Labrador)

(Oooops sorry-double posted )
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 09:16 PM

'My Hatti girl'
Ahh .... those three little words tell me you had no hesitation whatsoever, didn't even have to think about it!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

07-09-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
'My Hatti girl'
Ahh .... those three little words tell me you had no hesitation whatsoever, didn't even have to think about it!
You're spot on Maryl, they were the first 3 words that came into my head!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 09:32 PM

I think I may have said it before on this forum, but one of my greatest pleasures is to get up very early, before the dawn breaks, and before there is anyone else around. I go out with my dog/s into the fields and woods. Everything seems brand new then, the dog/s are so "on their toes" and I love to watch them searching. Also, when there is a dawn chorus it is amazing. I know I am strange, but I often take off my shoes and go barefoot through the damp grass. I stay out until it gets fully light and it's often quite a magical time. I always return home a little "high" in mood; it's so invigorating.

Like Mags I also take great pleasure and satisfaction in my grandchildren as well as my own grown up children. I always maintain that I am not a maternal person, and motherhood can be a load of aggro and worry - it was for me anyway, but when I look at them all together, enjoying each other's company, I know I am truly lucky.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 10:43 PM

My other half who is my world, my children who are my universe and my animals who are my everything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top