Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Re: What gives you pleasure and satisfaction?

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
My other half who is my world, my children who are my universe and my animals who are my everything.
What a lovely way of expressing it, Cassie
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 11:41 PM

Simple things: a new book, finding a new author I like, a delicious meal or a new recipe, music, my cats, warm sunny weather.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 08:56 AM

Waking up in the morning, Dylan and my lovely wife plus Mother Nature.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 01:54 PM

Seeing other people happy - helping people/society get closer to being more progressive - my close family/friends/pets - gaming - photography - the sites I admin
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 05:00 PM

I love my children and grandchildren to pieces of course. The grandchildren keep me amused with their comments.

I take them on adventure walks in the meadow and woods near our house. A couple of years ago I appointed my second grandson, then 4, as expedition leader. He pulled himself up to his full height and said, "Ok guys follow me." The three boys clambered over a stile, and I hide behind a tree and watched what would happen. They ran on for about 100 yds before it was noticed I was missing, and my grandson instructed the other two to look for me. I was located and admonished, "Granny do keep up!" We had to cross a tiny stream and I was about to step over when I again was told off by the expedition leader! "Granny I am in charge, I have to check if it is safe!" When he was satified we weren't going to drown, we were permitted to cross. We came to the next stile, the boys hopped over and again I hid. This time my grandson was in a dilemma his younger cousin had run off in another direction and he was working out what to do. He sensibly retrieved his cousin first, then I was located. With a world weary air he put the little boy's hand in mine, "Granny I can't be responsible!" Walking back I overheard him say to the other two, "You have to look out for old ladies they have a habit of wanmdering off!"

Last year I was looking him during the the summer holidays, he was five at the time. He had a frown on his face, "Granny we all have to die sometime don't we?" I agreed the world would be overpopulated if we didn't. "Mind you when you are really old you get tired and would be glad to die?" I agreed that might be so. "Granny you are really old, you are going to be 60 next year and you get tired!"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 06:27 PM

Great stories about the Grandson Qetta.
I love to sit out in my front porch on a beautiful sunny Monday morning, with a pint of cool ale in one hand and a large cigar in the other and watch all the younger people going to work, you'd want to see the faces on them, as long as the week ahead of them.(only joking).
I get great fun out of my two Grandsons, and I like TV,films and books, plus the odd pint and smoke.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top