Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 04:24 PM

Your very first memories

I have a remarkable memory for events in the past, although yesterday can be a little hazy.

I remember being in my canvas sided cot in the maternity hospital and looking up at the nurse who was bending over the cot. The walls were green and cream.

My uncles who were young and unattached when I was very small, sometimes had the job of babysitting me when I was about 2 years old. They would be messing around with their girlfriends not expecting an infant of my age to understand what was going on. When I became a young teenager I would embarrass them by recounting what I remembered from those days. Some of those memories they preferred to forget as they didn't always do them much credit!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 05:12 PM

Re: Your very first memories

I think mine was going to school for the first time - least the most vivid memory anyway... I really didn't want to go!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I think mine was going to school for the first time - least the most vivid memory anyway... I really didn't want to go!
My earliest memory was when I was about 2-3 years old. I was in hospital with pneumonia, was taken to the toilet by an older patient (children and adults were in the same ward then) and I dropped my toy elephant down the loo! I cried for hours after ....... and no, I didn't get poor Jumbo back.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 08:05 PM

I remember being in my pram (a big one) and my big brother (who was 8 years older than me) and his friend (a neighbour's daughter) - she was holding the handle and John decided to jump into the pram, which she couldn't hold and I was thrown out of it. Mum was in the washing house, out the back court, doing her washing and came running thru' the close. She went to John to see if he was OK and I was left lying on the ground looking up at them!! She had on a bandeau on her head to keep her hair tidy and a blue and pink pinny

I also remember being on holiday just before I was a year old at Sorn and pulling the teapot over my foot! I got green oilskin covering over my foot - it never left a mark!!

I remember Dad teaching me to walk around the kitchen on his shoes and he was holding my hands above my head and can remember my first steps as well - I was wearing a yellow dress at the time, just before I was a year old!

I remember my Mum's father asking to see what I got for my first year's birthday and showing him my broderie anglaise petticoat, never spoke and can remember his shouting thru' to the kitchen to where my Mum was with her Mum - saying "Hey Rose this is a bloody wee dummy you have"

I remember my first day starting school, Mum sent me to the dairy at the end of our street for Jack's rolls (they were the best) and having two dipped in my tea, before Mum took me to school, which was at the end of the street, along with my pal. When Mum left me at the gates - I just walked away and laughed at my pal and all the other wee ones crying!!

I do have a good memory!! Those were the days
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Rose you are right you do have a good memory.....

I'm sitting here trying to remember one thing.......................

errrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm still thinking
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 08:35 PM

First thing I remember when I was very small, perhaps 2 or 3, sitting on the kitchen floor and a great enormous spider was crawling toward me!! Perhaps why I've always been terrified of them.

And I remember my Dad taking me out to the back yard to show me a woodpecker sitting on the garage.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 09:07 PM

Gosh, I'm impressed with those who can remember when they were 2/3 years old and earlier!!! My earliest memory is starting school-decided half-way through the morning I was going home and had managed to get to the school gate before being taken back by a teacher......think I cried for the rest of the day!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2010, 09:23 PM

One of my earliest memories was when living in Brixton and before I was old enough for school. We lived on Electric Avenue and I used to sit up in our big bay window which was on the second floor and on the corner with the railway viaduct straddling the end. I sat up there looking down with a big, almost lifesize, black and white chalk spaniel dog ornament under my arm. I used to suck on its nose until it went soft and hoped people saw me and thought I had a real dog (which was my secret dream).
I was waiting for my dad to come home from work. I always waited every day and hoped he had some paper from work under his coat for me and maybe a pencil or two. Drawing paper was quite hard to get and I loved to draw and paint - spent hours and hours at it.

I also remember having to have the tap end in the bath. I was the eldest and my sister and I shared a bath. She always got the "proper" end as she was the youngest.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by jj'sgirl ->
Rose you are right you do have a good memory.....

I'm sitting here trying to remember one thing.......................

errrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm still thinking
Aw Liz are you still thinking?

Hugs to you all and Herbie
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 08:55 AM

I remember riding down a steep hill on my three wheeler bike and going straight across the main road at the bottom.
I also remember sitting in a police cell (another story )and being told I would not see my mum again for years, all because I threw a dog bone at the police car. Age, 4yrs old.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top