Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 01:07 PM

Re: Your very first memories

I have a brilliant memory-or a sour imagination?

On being only just born I saw this male thing and my still minute brain thought-is that my father? bloody hell, bad times ahead.

But history aside one of my earliest was being on my rocking horse and my paternal grandmother(she of the brain I inherited) picking me up when I fell off-I cannot remember her face but there was a coiled broche on her dress
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 02:38 PM

A memory which is hard to forget happened when I was ten. The boys across the way from me, and I discovered a tunnel under the local church which was filled with ordnance, left by the Germans who had occupied our Island during WW2. Bullets swill explode if hit hard enough on the road! We found a small green pineapple shaped object which we kicked around the ground like a football. You can imagine the look on the face of my parents when we were discovered, the grenade was still live. I will never forget the subsequent thrashing I got for being so stupid!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2010, 03:26 PM

I will never forget the subsequent thrashing I got for being so stupid!

A thrashing?-you were lucky. I got diced up and fed to the chickens.

And all because I questioned if my father didn`t actually invent the computer,the best bomb sight in the world and single handedly rescue England.

Not bad for someone who never actually saw active service

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top