Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 07:32 AM

Thusrday thirst!!!

Not after this mornings deluge.

Good Morning everyone.

I hope that your day is drier than ours.
Thunder and lightening, angels constantly overflowing the bath and Zeus is trying to blow all the cobwebs away.

Have a wonderful day and remember loved ones need to know it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 12:44 PM

Re: Thusrday thirst!!!

Hello AB and all!

Bright sunny morning here.

I'm feeling helpless today, there is so much I need to do but my backache is making it impossible - even the painkillers and anti-inflammatories don't seem to alleviate the pain anymore
I tell myself every day is a day nearer getting better but it's a long wait!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 01:41 PM

Have a great day all! Nice and sunny here

Hope you back gets better soon Mags!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Mags,
Simple things like stretching your back can be done without any special aids.
Stretching your back helps to put the disc's back into place properly. Disc's that are being pushed out of the spine create pain which can be unbearable
If you have two sturdy stand chairs, place a cloth over the back of the chair and support yourself between the chairs. To begin with 15secs may seem a long time but gradually you will be able to lift you feet off the floor for a lot longer. This stretches the spine and and disc's that are slightly out of place will be helped back into place easing any pain they are causing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Mags,
Simple things like stretching your back can be done without any special aids.
Stretching your back helps to put the disc's back into place properly. Disc's that are being pushed out of the spine create pain which can be unbearable
If you have two sturdy stand chairs, place a cloth over the back of the chair and support yourself between the chairs. To begin with 15secs may seem a long time but gradually you will be able to lift you feet off the floor for a lot longer. This stretches the spine and and disc's that are slightly out of place will be helped back into place easing any pain they are causing.
Thanks AB, it was stretching my back that put it out in the first place

However your suggestion sounds feasible so I will certainly give it a try
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 04:40 PM

Mags, so sorry to hear your back is still troubling you so!

Hi everyone. Turned unseasonably chilly as a cold front came thru overnight, only 19 C (67 F) with lots of sun but a brisk breeze! Jeans, tee, sweater and warm bedroom slippers; a far cry from yesterday's high of 96 F! To the market and got gin, off to lunch shortly. Nothing exciting happening here.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 05:13 PM

Best wishes for a pain free time soon from me as well Mags

Kevin,the carpenter and all round good chap,was here today-I`m sure he charges us a `special` rate.

He repaired and painted the bathroom window,replaced two broken roof tiles and cleared out the blocked guttering resulting from the tiles slipping originally. And replaced the rotten roof timber in one of my greenhouses.

Just over 4 hours work plus materials for £80
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

09-09-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thanks AB, it was stretching my back that put it out in the first place

However your suggestion sounds feasible so I will certainly give it a try
Mags, it depends how you were stretching your back as to the type of pain.
Clasp your fingers together and sqeeze them as hard as you can, that is what happens to your back with everyday things due to gravity. Gravity is like a magnet in your feet trying to pull your head towards them, this sqeezes the disc between your vertibrae so that it gets thinner and your vertibrae touch each other as you move. Bending can make the vertibrae pop out

By letting gravity pull you feet back towards the ground, when to support yourself between two chairs, it eases the pain, like it does when you stop squeezing your finger together.
I have a bar in the garage which I hang from and never have back problems.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

09-09-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Mags, it depends how you were stretching your back as to the type of pain.
Clasp your fingers together and sqeeze them as hard as you can, that is what happens to your back with everyday things due to gravity. Gravity is like a magnet in your feet trying to pull your head towards them, this sqeezes the disc between your vertibrae so that it gets thinner and your vertibrae touch each other as you move. Bending can make the vertibrae pop out

By letting gravity pull you feet back towards the ground, when to support yourself between two chairs, it eases the pain, like it does when you stop squeeing your finger together.
I have a bar in the garage which I hang from and never have back problems.
Thanks again AB, that makes a lot of sense and that throbbing vertibrae in the pic is what mine feels like!

I tried the 'two chairs' exercise after reading your previous post, I couldn't take my weight for very long but I swear I could straighten up slightly more after it! I will definitely try it again this evening ...... keeping fingers crossed!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

09-09-2010, 06:45 PM

Mags, I said 15 secs would be a long time, just persevere and the best of luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top