Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 09:19 AM

Anyone else trying to sell their property?

We have had our Welsh farmhouse (circa 1610) and 2.8acre 'miracle' field on the market since March, but no joy so far. Nothing around here seems to be selling unfortunately. We have bought and sold many properties in our 41 years of marriage and seem to have a knack for needing to sell when there is a downturn in the market! We need to downsize as the property is too big for us nowadays, especially since my husband's illness. He does keep the garden up, quite well, I detest gardening so don't help unless some heavy digging is required. We are willing to part exchange if a suitable property was offered in our area. HEY HO!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Re: Anyone else trying to sell their property?

It is difficult to sell property - there is a house across the drive from me that has been on sale for over a year and no buyers yet!

I hope you get your place sold soon. Hope too that your hubby is well on the way to a full recovery. Must be very difficult for you.

Fingers crossed.

Oh and I would love to sell my flat but no buyers - the only places that buy flats are companies in order to "private" let them! They don't give people the full market value for them either!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
It is difficult to sell property - there is a house across the drive from me that has been on sale for over a year and no buyers yet!

I hope you get your place sold soon. Hope too that your hubby is well on the way to a full recovery. Must be very difficult for you.

Fingers crossed.

Oh and I would love to sell my flat but no buyers - the only places that buy flats are companies in order to "private" let them! They don't give people the full market value for them either!
Thanks Brandykins. I am resigned to still being here this time next year.

As for my husband, it is about as good as it gets where his recovery is concerned according to the medics. The burst aneurysm and subsequent surgery damaged the left side of his brain very substantially, but we just have to get on with it, even if we hate the situation it has left him in.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 01:26 PM

I`m sorry to hear about your husband-best wishes to you from me.

I think you are being realistic about it taking a while to sell,property in this village is not moving at all,two years for a couple of places.

And a `period` property with a substantial amount of land might be harder but remain optimistic as it just needs that `someone` for whom it would be a dream come true to own such a place
Dancingsky
None

13-09-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I`m sorry to hear about your husband-best wishes to you from me.

I think you are being realistic about it taking a while to sell,property in this village is not moving at all,two years for a couple of places.

And a `period` property with a substantial amount of land might be harder but remain optimistic as it just needs that `someone` for whom it would be a dream come true to own such a place
I am afraid my optimism is at a low ebb at present! The property is pleasant, very rural and in a low crime area. People who visit seem to like it, but if even the cheaper properties aren't selling, a more expensive one like this is going to take longer, even though we have dropped the price.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 03:01 PM

I'd love a farmhouse! (tho, doubt I could afford one!)

Whereabouts is the property Qetta?

The housing market is very slow at the moment, and I don't want to alarm you - but I think it's meant to be getting worse too.

Part exchange is definitely a good idea - there was a part ex property in Spain a while ago and I was soooo tempted!
Dancingsky
None

13-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I'd love a farmhouse! (tho, doubt I could afford one!)

Whereabouts is the property Qetta?

The housing market is very slow at the moment, and I don't want to alarm you - but I think it's meant to be getting worse too.

Part exchange is definitely a good idea - there was a part ex property in Spain a while ago and I was soooo tempted!
We live in Flintshire, three miles out of Mold.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 04:11 PM

All the way up there I'm down here in South Wales. Tis shame cos I quite fancied a little farmhouse lol
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 04:29 PM

Perhaps we should have a forum fund raising extravaganza and buy the farmhouse and use it for holidays lol
Dancingsky
None

13-09-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Perhaps we should have a forum fund raising extravaganza and buy the farmhouse and use it for holidays lol
Nice one!

Actually the field took us by surprise only two weeks after moving into the property in 1997. A journalist from the local paper informed us an Irish Couple had seen a vision of Mary in the field and their ailments were miraculously cured! To cut a long story short, when the nationals picked up on the story for while we were like a mini Lourdes, with others claiming cures and another 'vision' was reported too! We have had visits from folk from all over the UK, Ireland and even the US. We don't make any money out of the phenomenon thinking it would be very wrong to do so. We certainly aren't mentioning this in the marketing blurb. My husband and I are highly septical of the nature of visions and miracles. But I had a fleeting glance of a figure which looked like the picture book version of Mary; and a few months later, when standing at the field gate, my painful frozen shoulder, which had defied the attention of the medics was almost immediately 'cured'. My take on those events is that I saw what I wanted to see, and my body's own healing mechanims kicked in, the field acting as a catalyst.

Occasionally we get a pilgrim visiting the field, a picture of which can be seen in my album.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top