Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 05:31 PM

Re: Muscle around eye jiggling (Tic)

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That could be a sign of macular degeneration darlin' - mention to your optician when you next have an eye test.

Thank you UJ...for your comment, I'll be seeing my optometrist within the next month or two...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well caffeine and stress are 2 of the typical causes of eye twitching. Presume you are getting plenty of good quality sleep as you say you're not tired.

There are varying views on how to relieve the situation. Hot or cold compresses are one. Maybe get a hot water bottle with warm water that you can hold to your face, or a flannel soaked in hot water. Might help relieve it.
Thanks Realist, I will try that tonight. That is very kind of you to help me with a solution.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Blue...I sometimes get a black floater in one eye or the other and it's quite annoying ...but without the jiggling...
It isn't where floaters come honey. It is ON my skin jiggling, just under my eye.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

31-08-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Look on the plus side Blue.
If you go into a bar you will always be getting free drinks.

Because the fellas will all think you are winking at them.
I haven't been in a bar or pub for about 25 years Longfellow....don't put any ideas into my head, hahaha, I am easily persuaded.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 06:07 PM

It's called a Blepharospasm. Usually caused by stress. My doctor offered me botox injections to stop it if it got too annoying.

Mine usually goes on it's own but I've now got a persistent one that comes and goes on a regular basis.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 06:41 PM

you can usually get temporary relief with some simple acupressure. For me it's a case of gently pressing where the bone at the outside corner of the eye starts. I think it works by tricking the nerve into temporarily breaking the spasm message from the brain.

It has to be caused by hyperactivity of the signals along that nerve channel. So annoying and it feels like everyone can see it but it's usually hardly noticeable to others.

I wonder if not blinking often enough can affect it. Just guessing but I think I've had it in past when spending a lot of time focusing on the screen doing something complicated and maybe not blinking enough.

I agree with others ref stress and stimulants. Try cupping the eyes for a couple of minutes, (holding the palms loosely over closed eyes and focusing on the intensity of the colour black while relaxing)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Blue...I sometimes get a black floater in one eye or the other and it's quite annoying ...but without the jiggling...
Optometrists usually worry when you suddenly get lots of new floaters over night. If you have had them for years then it's usually a stable bit of debris that isn't harmful. I've had one for about 25 years or so. Mine is a bit like a little transparent worm which I can make shapes with.

I think smoking when younger may have triggered it but I used to only notice it after a night out or when I was on the beach it could be seen against a blue sky. A friend of mine has had lots of floaters for years but she's ok. So usually not a worry if long standing.

Good luck with the optician.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 11:17 PM

I agree with Annie.
These things come and go in most of us on occasions, but as long as the go again I wouldn't worry to be honest.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 08:05 AM

Yes I do sometimes get this and it’s so annoying.
It’s almost like having a muscle spasm in your eye
Most of the time I get it is when I’m over tired or stressed.
There are some interesting answers
Great question
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 01:03 PM

I had a twitching eye once - it was so bad that my doctor gave me a mild tranquilizer to calm the nerve.

It didn't help so I decided to feed the nerve instead of calming it. I started taking vitamin B in the form of brewers yeast tablets and within three weeks it was cured.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top