Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:49 PM

Plasters

The large plaster put over my Melanoma by the dristritct nures on Monday is driving me crazy,It pulls &itches,, this always happens I am allergic to them ,but need to have one on,When I was in hospi\l recently they tried to use a bandage ,but it was impossibleThank goodness I go to hospital tomorrow they should change it then
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 11:05 PM

Re: Plasters

I have had the same problem in the past Deylon. Usually when I have a blood test the white tape they use to stick the cotton wool on makes me itch. It's like masking tape.

I've even had a round plaster shaped itchy sore from one of those little round plasters. Took weeks to heal. It's really frustrating because with me some plasters are ok others not. Do you find all plasters give you the same reaction? I thought it might be latex.

They must have alternatives if you have an allergy. Make sure they add the allergy to your medical notes in hospital and at the GPs, so that all nursing staff are aware.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 11:50 PM

Micro-pore tape bothers my skin too, if it's left on for long.

You can buy 'sensitive' plasters now, specially for those who are allergic to ordinaryones.

https://www.allergybestbuys.co.uk/pr...proof-plasters

OR

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elastoplast.../dp/B001E17F7A
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
The large plaster put over my Melanoma by the dristritct nures on Monday is driving me crazy,It pulls &itches,, this always happens I am allergic to them ,but need to have one on,When I was in hospi\l recently they tried to use a bandage ,but it was impossibleThank goodness I go to hospital tomorrow they should change it then

I know the feeling,my stitches weren't healing properly.so I had to have a plaster,to try and knit them together,it drove me mad,itching also,but it did the job,..I was also very red and sore,where the sticky part,was on my skin,..I know the relief you will feel,deylon,when you get it changed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top