Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:57 PM

Re: Would people drive safer without insurance?

I think they would carry on regardless, insurance or no insurance.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Are the Schools on holiday..again!
steven collier
uk
steven collier is male 

15-01-2019, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Why do you need stats?
You can choose to believe it or not, no one is forcing you to do either.
If you need stats, you can look them up yourself.

Julie is merely stating her views on this - which I happen to agree with because of MY experience. I couldn't give a toss about stats.

Boy racers have smashed my front garden wall down TWICE, and one succeeded in writing my car off in the process.
None of these morons were insured, and had cheap old cars.

Whether you believe it or not is not important I'm afraid, because I know it is true.
ok so your insurance paid out...but i'd rather take the risk and not have it because there are no yobs where i live..i didnt vote in a law saying insurance should be compulsory..only a committee did that with vested interests comprising of judges and police
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 02:15 PM

Another person only interested in statistics I think when I say in my experience that should be enough to see I am talking about things I've seen with my own eyes. I suggest anyone wanting statistics ignores my posts as I am not an encyclopedia of statistics I'm a person living in the real world looking around me at what is happening.

In this case I saw too many of my sons friends jump into cars didn't have any insurance often not even belonging to them and driving like lunatics. Luckily my lads were open to the realisation that sort of behaviour wouldn't get them far in life and didn't do it. But there are loads of kids out there driving cars no insurance no MOT etc.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

15-01-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But there are loads of kids out there driving cars no insurance no MOT etc.

It's a hell of a risk these days is it not? Don't the Police have some gadget on their car dash that scans the car in front and they can tell at a glance if it's Taxed, Insured and MOTd. Nice big fine and points on your licence, without them even having to look you up at the Station.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's a hell of a risk these days is it not? Don't the Police have some gadget on their car dash that scans the car in front and they can tell at a glance if it's Taxed, Insured and MOTd. Nice big fine and points on your licence, without them even having to look you up at the Station.
Well that assumes we have regular patrols, tbh I can drive miles round here never see a police car.

Just an aside but I parked next to a car yesterday could not have had an MOT i swear it was held together with black tape and string. How they didn't get stopped I don't know as they didn't even have a number plate or working lights at the back.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hi

Even with ANPR we still have a million uninsured.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by steven collier ->
ok so your insurance paid out...but i'd rather take the risk and not have it because there are no yobs where i live..i didnt vote in a law saying insurance should be compulsory..only a committee did that with vested interests comprising of judges and police
This is silly.

As Swimfeeders asked a few posts back, what are you going to do if someone writes your car off and they won't pay?

And what would you do if horror of horrors YOU did actually have a moments lapse in concentration and hit another car?
Do you have say £10,000 lying by to pay for the damages you caused?

Let's make it worse. Say you hit a pedestrian. You'd be looking at enormous sums of money to pay. You'd have to sell your house maybe or borrow on its equity. You may well end up in jail.

Do you have dashcams, forward and back?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

15-01-2019, 05:15 PM

Could just be an animal run into the road, who would pay the money in that case ? foxy tends not to have active bank accounts as far as I know.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Then by same token why don’t you suggest instead of airbags we have hand grenades fitted to centre of steering wheel or possibly a 24’’ spike that detonates if in an accident ... that may focus ones mind on the road and keep speed down

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top