Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 09:21 PM

Re: Savings Accounts

Here's a typical one.

First Direct

"The First Direct regular saver pays 5% AER fixed for one year and you can deposit between £25 and £300 each month"

Unfortunately to get this you have to switch your bank account to their 1st Account.

Regardless the max you can put in is £300 a month over just one year so a max of £3,600
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:08 AM

Seriously?

Retired? Savings? What the hell? At our age who cares what the interest rate is?

Spend it! Enjoy it. You could be dead tomorrow, you won't be worrying about interest rates then.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Seriously?

Retired? Savings? What the hell? At our age who cares what the interest rate is?

Spend it! Enjoy it. You could be dead tomorrow, you won't be worrying about interest rates then.
I don't know what your age is Brucey but I don't consider myself old yet.

My family have good genes and a history of living until their 90s. Grandparents on Mother's side lived till 95 ish.

Grandfather on father's side still alive, 98 and still driving !

Myself well I plan to live forever !

So far so good !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I don't know what your age is Brucey but I don't consider myself old yet.
Obviously comprehension is not your strong point. Who mentioned "old"? That has nothing to do with it. I said "At our age". What are you saving for that interest rates are going to make any difference?

Spend and enjoy for ever! The problem is not saving, like most superannuantes the problem is spending I just can't spend enough, quick enough. Nihilism rules!

Sadly you seem to be one of these people that knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
The next best is my Santander 123 current account at 1.5%.
If you can spare £200 per month from your current account then set up a Santander Regular eSaver at 3%. IIRC, it's a 12 month contract with renewal at termination.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 02:32 AM

Seriously?

That's true Bruce and if not won't do to waste it on care home fees .
Had to look up Nihilism.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's true Bruce and if not won't do to waste it on care home fees .
Had to look up Nihilism.
Hi

That is a serious problem here in the UK.

If you have spent it all on enjoying yourself you have nothing to pay, if you have saved you lose it.

I don't fuss about Interest Rates, they are what they are.

I do not rely on savings, I have pensions, so I am fortunate in that respect.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:39 AM

I know that some of you will scoff at premium bonds, but the return I get is good £50 last month and £25 this month, and many more in the past. I should work out what the ‘interest’ could be, but I can’t realy be bothered.
The rest of my cash is in 2 accounts in the Halifax. Yes I know the interest is low, but I am not bothered.
Money is the root of all evil 😈 so they say.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 11:19 AM

Seriously?

Without the interest on my savings I wouldn't have been able to retire.

Some people don't have the luxury of not caring about interest rates and they need every penny they can get their hands on so interest rates are still pertinent to them.

For me it's a case of old habits die hard plus, as far as ISAs are concerned, I have to keep as much as possible away from the tax man's beady eyes!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

26-01-2019, 11:28 AM

Interest rates?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2019.01.26_21h26m57s_002_.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	8530  

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top