Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:59 PM

Re: State Pension Increase

To add insult to injury, it may be only a matter of time before the state pension is means-tested:
https://www.moneyobserver.com/news/c...e-means-tested
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 04:17 AM

Hi

Simple fact of life, we have not paid in enough to fund our state pension.

This was known over 20 years ago but both Labour and Conservative kicked it into touch.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Simple fact of life, we have not paid in enough to fund our state pension.

This was known over 20 years ago but both Labour and Conservative kicked it into touch.
Same thing with defined benefit pensions in the public sector.

But to tamper with pensions is dangerous for governments. Older people tend to use their votes more than younger ones, and politicians (of whatever persuasion) do not want chucking out of office.

So the debt piles up.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Same thing with defined benefit pensions in the public sector.

But to tamper with pensions is dangerous for governments. Older people tend to use their votes more than younger ones, and politicians (of whatever persuasion) do not want chucking out of office.

So the debt piles up.
Hi

My defined Pension Schemes were in Profit until Gordon Brown raided them.

May then abolished overtime, out of hours and hazardous payments and then made people redundant a year and a day later, cutting Pensions by a further 20%.

She now wants people back and what a surprise they are saying get stuffed.

We will go and work for Contractors, which you pay a fortune for, because they are Private Sector.

Tory logic for you.

The Welsh Nurse, ITU, refuses overtime, works for an agency in the next NHS Trust and gets paid four times as much for the same shift.

The ITU Nurses in that NHS Trust refuse overtime and work for an Agency in her NHS Trust for 4 times as much.

How stupid is that?

Two shifts a week doubles her pay.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
But if you’re not already getting it, will you? My sister turned 65 last month but according to the Gov.uk website she still isn’t eligible. They seem to have a cut off point. Unless I’m mistaken.
I hope so Jazzi! I thought pensioners got it. My millionaire sister has been getting hers for years!
Pension Age for women changed from 60 to 65+, changes on a whim, with little or no notice. If anyone's affected they should consider joining the WASPI campaign.
Sadly all their hard work will be too late for me as I'm nearly there but it is gaining ground, they have legal represention and are challenging the Government.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 03:22 PM

Don't know if this will any help, it shows you how to work out when you will be eligible for state pension.

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

It seems however, that the pension age is under review, and they are going to make us work till we are older soon.
Have a look at this one:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...-age-increases
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:01 PM

The winter fuel allowance is getting to be a bit of a joke too. Not that we should look a gift horse in the mouth, but once retired we spend most of our time indoors, using more gas, elect.,& water.
When at work we have warmth all day for free, electricity for free, water for free (including bathroom facilities) , and get paid for enjoying it too !

As soon as my heating goes off, this house temperature plummets and basically we have six months a year of cold/damp weather.

It's just not cricket.

Anyone interested in reducing their house insurance ? I have just changed mine to Saga, and saved myself £7 per month. Every £ counts.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:29 PM

Puddles, your house insurance, do you think that is just one of these 'Introductory' offers to entice you in?
They all seem to do that, same with car insurance, then the following year they whack it up.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 12:24 AM

I don't think so Mups. It's Saga Premium, so pretty much set prices. Have you misunderstood and thought I said £7 per month ? That's what I have saved. I will be paying £20 per month. I did the same with my car insurance last year, it came down about £12 a month through Saga. So I'm feeling quite pleased.

Going to see about best deal for my electric next.

Do you know about 'warm home discount' ? I only found out about it year before last .My quarterly bill which has just arrived is £4.72p for this quarter !! Once a year discount . Most big companies do it.

I just told them I was getting a pension, (not pension credits) and that's about all they asked.
https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:39 AM

I am waiting with great excitement for my increase at the end(ish) of March.

It sounds as if you have the same pension review as us - each March and September.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top