Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:34 AM

Re: Yeeeesssss

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Same here, divorced, smaller house, ideal for me, kids have had the money already and no inheritance tax to pay.

No need to work, no Boss to answer to and a very good pension.

I can go fishing and on holiday, only restrictions being my current state of health, but that will improve.
Yes swims ,I suppose that must be a bit of a downer, having free time and financial security, but not the health to make the most of it, hopefully as you say that side of things will improve for you
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:35 AM

Hi

If you play your cards right they may even make you redundant with a nice pay off.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:39 AM

Hi

If you play your cards right they may even make you redundant with a nice pay off.
I doubt it swims, I missed out when they took over, because I have a gas qualification, and nobody else in that area did, I was kept on, my mate in Newcastle got 17 grand, and I’d been there two years longer than him,,
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 12:48 PM

Some divide and conquer.

May you find dividends and conquer!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 01:01 PM

Hi

Swim beat me too it.

Don't miss out Primus on a decent pay out, it will make significant difference. If you've been there many years then they HAVE to pay you a pot of cash IF they want to make you redundant.

It tends to become a bit of a game. Such employers very often begin the process of "managing a person out" of the organisation which basically means making life miserable for them so that they quit voluntarily. That then means the company doesn't have to pay you out.

It is possible that this process has already begun with you, which is why you are finding things unpalatable.

It is a game, nothing more.

Don't let them beat you at such a game.

Don't quit.

Play the game.

That means reporting serious changes to your role. Any longer hours or additional workload and so on. Go through the proper HR procedures, get things noted down in your yearly appraisal reviews and so on. Raise a grievance case if you have to.

Is there a union presence in your company? If so, get involved. They will ensure you get your pay-out.

Remember, if they have to pay you £000s to make you compulsory redundant then they WILL try to manage you out instead so they don't have to cough up. This is YOUR money that you earned through long years of work. You deserve it.

If you become aware of any rounds of redundancies in the company, compulsory redundancies, then tender your VOLUNTARY redundancy at that point and raise awareness of it. Many people don't want to be made redundant and will get behind you if you volunteer.

Play the game imho.

Best

Realist
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 03:56 PM

Pleased your meeting went well Primus and that you have some decent choices for the future.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 04:31 PM

Primus, this is fantastic news. Well done on getting everything sorted out

For a man such as yourself who has worked his way up and put in hard graft without shuffling paper about on a desk all his life, you have earned your retirement and I wish you a very happy one. make the most of it and find plenty of things to do with your time

I'm some years behind you but after a very long and torturous situation paying off some horrendous debts, my first milestone comes this October when I can dip into my pension at age 55, which I will use to settle a nasty consolidation loan and pay off everything I own too. Also, I'll get a new bathroom done, pay my wife's debts off, get our accounts back into the black and finally be able to get a job again working normal daytime hours.

But enough of me, you enjoy yourself bud. It's a long time coming, but now your retirement is here it's worth the wait
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Well, after today’s appointment with the lovely lady from pension wise...it turns out I can retire, or more likely semi retire, my pension pot is bigger than I thought and if I wait until next year it will increase a bit more, what a relief, I just want a way out of this awful company I work for , if I can handle waiting until next year, great, but if they give me any more grief,then I’m off....
Good for you, sir!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 05:59 PM

Great news Primus!
I'm really pleased for you

I'm going to have a chat with my financial/pensions adviser very soon too

I don't want to be teaching past 55 if I can help it..
Primus1
York

16-04-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Swim beat me too it.

Don't miss out Primus on a decent pay out, it will make significant difference. If you've been there many years then they HAVE to pay you a pot of cash IF they want to make you redundant.

It tends to become a bit of a game. Such employers very often begin the process of "managing a person out" of the organisation which basically means making life miserable for them so that they quit voluntarily. That then means the company doesn't have to pay you out.

It is possible that this process has already begun with you, which is why you are finding things unpalatable.

It is a game, nothing more.

Don't let them beat you at such a game.

Don't quit.

Play the game.

That means reporting serious changes to your role. Any longer hours or additional workload and so on. Go through the proper HR procedures, get things noted down in your yearly appraisal reviews and so on. Raise a grievance case if you have to.

Is there a union presence in your company? If so, get involved. They will ensure you get your pay-out.

Remember, if they have to pay you £000s to make you compulsory redundant then they WILL try to manage you out instead so they don't have to cough up. This is YOUR money that you earned through long years of work. You deserve it.

If you become aware of any rounds of redundancies in the company, compulsory redundancies, then tender your VOLUNTARY redundancy at that point and raise awareness of it. Many people don't want to be made redundant and will get behind you if you volunteer.

Play the game imho.

Best

Realist
It’s not really like that realist, I probably have a job for life there, it’s just that I was TUPE,d over from my last company to this company, the best way to describe them is that they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing, they tend to throw money at problems, I really don’t want to be part of this, there’s no union although my wife is in a union and I also am by proxy if you know what I mean, I just want a way out , and if I can stick another year then it’s an extra 20 grand on one of my pensions, but if push comes to shove, then I’ll stick two fingers up to them and hand in my notice, although I’ll be charged for the gas course I’ve recently done, I’m just glad I’ve got options now but we’ll see

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top