Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 10:01 PM

Re: Meet the next 007

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I liked Craig as Bond but tbh, I stopped watching when his suit go too tight, like had been at the custard Yum Yums. If a black actor were to take over then Idris Elba would have been a good choice.

Ooh yes, he's a handsome chappy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A female James Bond will never happen. It's nothing to do with being sexist, the role was written for a man which is why Ian Fleming named him James. Hello?!
If they want to devise a female version then that's up to them but we've had female assassins and spies before. It's nothing new.
This political correctness lark really has gone to far. We need to get a grip and put a stop to all this nonsense.

By the way, Idris Elba says he doesn't want to be Bond anyway. He is too old for the role. And that's not being ageist!

My vote would go to Tom Hardy. He's still young enough and in big demand. The only trouble is he isn't black. Or a woman. He's a white male and we can't have that can we? Heaven forbid!! It will upset anybody who isn't a white male.
Oh for God's sake! What the hell is going on?

Nah, Tom Hardy don't 'do it' for me at all, Floydy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 10:05 PM

She is a typical lady MI6 agent, a couple of Magazines but no Gun.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 11:26 PM

Movie publishers, producers and directors in today's society are worried about the Political Correctness Brigade causing trouble if certain actors are not cast in movies. If a coloured actor or actors of other ethnicity are not used, the shout of racism and/or discrimination is put out there. If a female actress is not used, shouts of sexism is put out there, if a homosexual actor is not used, shouts of 'homophobia' is put out there. If a disabled actor is not used, shouts of 'discrimination' are put out there. Movie studios do not want bad press hence why they are will to pander to the PC brigade.

As this thread is about Bond, look at the PC examples in it's movies, the character of M was changed to a woman, Moneypenny was changed to an actor of colour and now there is talk of the next Bond being either a woman or a black man.

Personally I think too many people have been listening to the views of J.K Rowling on the character of Hermione Granger when it came to the stage play of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, with the character being played by a black actress. In all the movies the character is played by a white actress but when pressed on the issue, J.K Rowling said that the ethnicity of the character was never specified in her books. Therefore when it comes to James Bond, even though the character is defined as a man in the books by Ian Flemming, the number 007 can actually be assigned to ANY agent. Therefore with the words from J.K Rowling saying that the character of Hermione Granger can be any female, as famous as J.K Rowling is, her words carry weight and i think people looking at Bond are thinking, 'if one of the worlds top authors can claim she didn't specify the ethnicity of the character in her book, then maybe the same can be done with the number 007, the agent assigned to that number can be any agent, man or woman'.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 07:18 AM

Ignore the films for a minute and go back to the books - Ian Fleming gave a detailed description of James Bond in most if not all of them - and the character was quite definitely male! Not only that - but if you read between the lines - Fleming was rather racist - so there is no way on this earth he would have allowed a black person to play Bond. Quarrel, the Cayman Islander in Dr No, is the only black person about whom he had anything good to say. Not PC by today's standards but that is how it was.

Have to say I prefer the books - Bond manages to extricate himself from most situations by using some degree of intelligence - and without the stupid gimmicks and gizmos used in the films.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm not sure we are ready for western homo sapien Bond man in this genderqueer age.
can you imagine it?....

'RuPaul is........ James Bond'

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
there was a rumour ogf that you had been asked to do blakey in a revamp of on the buses, is there any truth in this ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-09-2019, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Daniel Craig's character retired officially, so the 007 designation became available, and this woman's character was given the 007 status. I have no idea if she plays much of a role in the film. All I've heard is that she's called into the office at one point.

Mind you, if this is Daniel Craig's last film as James Bond they'll have to come up with something sooner or later.
Thanks for the reminder Tachyon. I had forgotten she was retired. I never got over the fact that Vespa Lynd died.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-09-2019, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
A female James Bond will never happen. It's nothing to do with being sexist, the role was written for a man which is why Ian Fleming named him James. Hello?!
If they want to devise a female version then that's up to them but we've had female assassins and spies before. It's nothing new.
This political correctness lark really has gone to far. We need to get a grip and put a stop to all this nonsense.

By the way, Idris Elba says he doesn't want to be Bond anyway. He is too old for the role. And that's not being ageist!

My vote would go to Tom Hardy. He's still young enough and in big demand. The only trouble is he isn't black. Or a woman. He's a white male and we can't have that can we? Heaven forbid!! It will upset anybody who isn't a white male.
Oh for God's sake! What the hell is going on?
I think he would be good as Bond but would have to lose the beard first.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think he would be good as Bond but would have to lose the beard first.
Ha! Well he wouldn't cut it with his peaky Blinder character, LD.
I've seen him in other films and TV series where he is as good at doing a middle class accent ('Inception') as he is with Cockney or an American one (anyone seen The Revenant?).
He'd make a very good choice.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top