Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:28 AM

Re: Personalised number plates

you could say that if someone has something a little better that the next person is showing off.

If you can afford it then why not have it. Only jealousy and envy causes resentment

What many forget is people work damn hard to get something not sit on their backsides relying on state handouts
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Personalised number plates give me a great deal of enjoyment Floydy, I've spent most of my later life on the roads, first as a courier and these days any excuse to drive long distance, sometimes without a reason.... And I'm always on the lookout for interesting number plates, it has developed into some sort of a hobby....And I've seen some corkers! My memory is far too decrepit to remember most of them but I always remember driving around Sheffield and seeing JUDGE on a roller, and KO OUT on a Ferrari - slightly different arrangement of letters and numbers but you get the gist....

I probably wouldn't have one myself, you would be asking for trouble round here if you left it parked in the street, they aren't keen on 'Posh Gets' and would take a key to the paintwork, at the least....

One of my favourite numbers was on one of my vans.....599 GET....When calling at a site they would always ask for your reg and I would joke that I managed to have my name on the plate....I have been described as 'A GET' in the past...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
you could say that if someone has something a little better that the next person is showing off.

If you can afford it then why not have it. Only jealousy and envy causes resentment
It's not my point at all, Realspeed. I don't like attention seekers that's all and people who want their initial on their cars are doing precisely that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:39 AM

They say I have enough money to waste it on my own number plate so there !
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They say I have enough money to waste it on my own number plate so there !
Who says?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:45 AM

My number plate is a personalised plate consisting of my initials followed by a random number. In 1990 I paid a one off fee of $95 for the plate and it is mine for life.

I got it because the number the RTA issued for my car was PUZ and I wasn't driving a new car with the plate PUZ for anybody. I wouldn't bother these days because personalised plates have an annual charge.

Recently I got replacement plates because the old ones were pretty beat up after nearly 30 years but I retained the old number and style from the 1990s (black letters on yellow plate). These days that is quite retro and the style would cost $248 as a restyle plate but because this was an original plate I paid $48.

https://www.myplates.com.au/#!/home

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	190611 001 Number Plates.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	10770   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-25 10.42.55-3.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	10771  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:45 AM

it is not attention seeking ,it is just a question of having something one likes.
with my number plate it is easy to remember, I can't get the hang of these new plates and how you tell from which year they refer to
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I have a personal plate, it’s nothing fancy or funny, just my initials, I don’t consider myself showing off, it’s only on a bog standard fiesta, probably not worth much, ( it didn’t cost a lot to buy) , why did I get one, not sure really , is it so wrong to say I just fancied it?
Easier to find in a crowded car park as well Primus....

One of my jobs in the past was to recover a rental car from Falkirk. I was provided with a train ticket to Edinburgh, and on to Falkirk where I collected the Toyota Corolla from a private address. I made my way onto the M74 south and decided to stop at a services for a cuppa and rest.

I left the restaurant and walked out into the car park where several Toyota Corolla's were lined up....I couldn't remember which one was mine....
After several minutes walking around the park with dobber in hand I eventually struck lucky......Thank God for Dobbers......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-09-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Easier to find in a crowded car park as well Primus....

One of my jobs in the past was to recover a rental car from Falkirk. I was provided with a train ticket to Edinburgh, and on to Falkirk where I collected the Toyota Corolla from a private address. I made my way onto the M74 south and decided to stop at a services for a cuppa and rest.

I left the restaurant and walked out into the car park where several Toyota Corolla's were lined up....I couldn't remember which one was mine....
After several minutes walking around the park with dobber in hand I eventually struck lucky......Thank God for Dobbers......
Sorry bud but what's a "dobber"?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:59 AM

This...

Became this...

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top