Join for free
Page 15 of 22 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 10:13 AM

Re: Same Sex Pair to Appear on Strictly...

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
On reflection, I think you're right. After all, if someone doesn't want to watch the same sex couple dancing then they can do something else for the few minutes they're on, or record the show and fast forward through it.
I could go and make some apple Puffs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Brucie had a leggy blond in tow as a proper woolly woofta would.
I would too.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 10:19 AM

hmmmm

Rock Hudson.
John Travolta.

Both had/have leggy blondes hanging from their arms.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
devoid of innuendo
Agreed. Your turn
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I will still be watching Strictly, it doesn't matter one iota to me what sex the dancers are, as long as everyone tries their best to progress each week.

Too many people have a chip on their shoulder even before the programme starts .... give everyone a chance to prove themselves!
Well put Mags who care's what sex they are
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 11:25 AM

Not a program that I watch so I'm not bothered about it.
What I do find odd is that such a puerile item made national news.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Not a program that I watch so I'm not bothered about it.
What I do find odd is that such a puerile item made national news.
Exactly my point Tregonsee....If it's so acceptable and normal why make a news item out of it ? Just get on with it and deal with the fallout later.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 12:08 PM

It's in the media just to prod the homophobic idiots into a new burst of petty outrage, because everyone likes to see them go red with anger. They're always good for a laugh and it gives more publicity to the programme, too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
To be frank, as long as it is entertaining I don't care who dances with who. Mixing things up a bit could be a lot more interesting than it was with Brucie in charge. I always thought he was a bit of a woolly woofta anyway and a lot of the male dancers are quite effeminate IMO - I don't give a sugar butty what people are sexually - as long as they can dance and it is entertaining. I think it is about time folks stopped taking such an interest in people's private business. Live and let live.
I agree with you to a point Aerolor, my thread was never really about the gay side of Strictly, after all, we all know and accept that most of the dancers are either gay or luvvies anyway. But it's traditional for a man to dance with a woman in a competition. I think all this nonsense takes away from the hard work and time that all the competitors have put in. I realise, that like most of these celebrity based things, it serves the purpose of massaging the celebrities ego's and returns them into the limelight for a short time.

Why did the BBC feel the need to make a news item out of a same sex pair competing on the show? Were they looking for acceptance from the loyal supporters of the programme? Or were they just bunging in a bit of extra advertising with their sensationalism? I don't want to turn on my TV and get a lesson in homosexuality, I just want to watch some quality dancing.

Strictly has stooped as low as F1 with their 'Giving it the knee' and black lives matter theme, I couldn't care less about 'Black Lives Matter' I just want to watch some blokes race each other around the racetrack in fast cars. I don't want a lesson in the struggles of the black man through the ages, there are history channels for that. It's been so refreshing to watch the 'Tour de France' no knee, no queers or themes, just honest to goodness sport in what I consider to be, one of the hardest races in the world.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-09-2020, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
It's in the media just to prod the homophobic idiots into a new burst of petty outrage, because everyone likes to see them go red with anger. They're always good for a laugh and it gives more publicity to the programme, too.
I bet the producers are having a good laugh Tachyon. After all; No publicity is bad publicity....

Page 15 of 22 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top