Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 01:05 PM

Re: Trusting People On The Internet....

Whilst I enjoy meeting people online I would never trust anyone.
Art what exactly do you mean by 'Trust' .... With money, with your heart, with your life ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Whilst I enjoy meeting people online I would never trust anyone.
Art what exactly do you mean by 'Trust' .... With money, with your heart, with your life ?
Yes, Malcolm, l should have been more clear!
I am talking about the people who appear to be your big friend but really they are 'backstabbers'. I haven't known that many but they do exist!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you feel you could trust a 'friend', male or female you know on a social site/forum as much as those friends you know in real life? I don't mean Dating sites!
Do you trust them or are you always a little wary? What are your views and experiences?
What's not to trust? I have a friend who is a prince in Nigeria he is going to send me $2.4mil, the best sort of friend a bloke could want.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Julie, ln what way did they lose your trust?
They just weren't who I had imagined they were, I think we all build up a picture in our heads of the people we chat to on the Internet, sadly not everyone lives up to the picture they paint. I don't think it was there fault it's mine for thinking I knew them better than I did.

An example would be a lady I ran a forum with for about two years, we met on itv forums and got on well decided to try our hand at a forum too, worked really well it was very popular well over a hundred members posting almost everyday.

When we arranged to meet I thought I knew who I would be meeting but she just wasn't what I imagined, didn't for instance realise she was a chain smoker !

Another time I arranged to meet a man with the idea he was to meet my husband as they both had the same medical condition and my husband could advise him on best way forward, he was lovely but alarm bells rang when he needed train fare home, next meeting he needed a loan that was end of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What's not to trust? I have a friend who is a prince in Nigeria he is going to send me $2.4mil, the best sort of friend a bloke could want.
I think we may have a mutual friend there Bruce
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 01:19 PM

Never give your heart completely until you have known them for at least 20 years, and never ever trust anyone with money or your life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-08-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Never give your heart completely until you have known them for at least 20 years, and never ever trust anyone with money or your life.
Wow trusted and gave my heart after 6 weeks of meeting my husband only thing we ever regretted we had to wait 6 weeks to marry as we would have happily popped into a church about ten minutes after we saw each other.

20 years ? We were celebrating being able to say to people they were wrong it did work we were still together
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 01:38 PM

Not any more, I did a good few years back now. It was always a 'meet' for those that wished, but seemed to always be only us that attended, We would meet at least four times a year, and the destination would be fair, as to where we all lived, as in one would be near 'a' the next near 'b' etc..

But I found, who ever wasn't able to make a meet, was the one to be 'talked' about, and that didn't bode well with me. So I gave up, and hay ho the p.m.'s and e-mails to me stopped.

So now, I will be as friendly as one can on-line, but not wanting to be anymore than that.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ambre ->
I have three good online friends but the friendships were built up over a couple of years, first having a banter in the forums, then Personal Messages and now through private e mail

I don't accept 'friendship' requests, experience has taught me to be wary and certainly not off anybody who wants to be a friend as soon as you join the site, that seems a bit silly to me
Totally agree with the bit in bold. I've always found the need to list or display online "friends" pointless.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I would not trust anyone on line until I meet them in the flesh.
Saying that, I would trust you Art, even with my wallet.
Smoothie!
What are you after then Emjay?

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top