Join for free
Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 06:18 PM

Re: Trusting People On The Internet....

Originally Posted by carol ->
As a rule, I go for people who are open, who talk about their families and show photos. Much like I am myself really.
I can tell if they're genuine or not. I've met a few online who I've got on with and later met in real life. I've not been disappointed yet.

On the other hand, people who keep using different user names and never speak of family/friends/personal incidents - in fact anything personal at all and only post to pass opinions on what's in the news or to decry other members - well I wouldn't trust them at all!
I understand your point of view carol, I agree to a certain extent, but I prefer to keep intimate details of my life and family out of the public domain.
I'm here for chat and fun and to exchange views, but I'm very wary of putting personal details on a public forum.
Doesn't mean I don't post stuff about myself on here from time to time if it's relevant.
But I do have some carefully chosen photos in my profile.
I hope this doesn't mean you find me creepy or unfriendly or untrustworthy.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
There's some very odd folk on here, they seem normal, but, trust me they're not!
They're mostly weird and dress funny!

Myrtle's lovely but wears a beard when you meet her, very odd!
You promised you'd keep that a secret !!!!

As a rule, I go for people who are open, who talk about their families and show photos. Much like I am myself really.
I can tell if they're genuine or not. I've met a few online who I've got on with and later met in real life. I've not been disappointed yet.

On the other hand, people who keep using different user names and never speak of family/friends/personal incidents - in fact anything personal at all and only post to pass opinions on what's in the news or to decry other members - well I wouldn't trust them at all!
Thank you Carol
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I'll let you know after I've read that book you told me about (Ship of Brides) I ordered it on your recommendation and it's on my book pile waiting to be read.

If I don't like it I shall deem you untrustworthy ruthio!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->

Thank you Carol
You're welcome Myrtle.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 06:44 PM

I'll let you know after I've read that book you told me about (Ship of Brides) I ordered it on your recommendation and it's on my book pile waiting to be read.

If I don't like it I shall deem you untrustworthy ruthio!!
Oh heck!!!
Such responsibility!!
My fingers are crossed, I loved it
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I understand your point of view carol, I agree to a certain extent, but I prefer to keep intimate details of my life and family out of the public domain.
I'm here for chat and fun and to exchange views, but I'm very wary of putting personal details on a public forum.
Doesn't mean I don't post stuff about myself on here from time to time if it's relevant.
But I do have some carefully chosen photos in my profile.
I'm like you in that respect, ruthio.

As for trusting people on the internet, some you can, some you can't. I've come across one or two who post in different places claiming different lives...

Then again, some do that in real life too.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm sure he is boozy I'd hate to get in the way of your bromance.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:48 PM

That's how I feel carol, I try to be open, but you won't find photoes had a few odd incidents with my dogs, someone found us via a picture of my late doglets and that wasn't a good meeting, also graces mum never wanted her daughter on the net and we try our best to follow what she wanted, I do share her worries sometimes when I see pictures of children, they could find they have fuelled someone they wouldn't have wanted to.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 08:14 PM

I've ended up meeting in person a number of people I've got matey with through forums.

I have to say that I've yet to be disappointed. They were all kind of as imagined, personalities as imagined and have ended up remaining very good friends.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
ALSO - it now seems fairly certain that wifey (much less demeaning than "OH") and I will be spending about a month in the UK very early in 2017.

I would like to hope that we will be able to meet a few of the folk from here on 'neutral ground' over a lunch or a few drinks.
Even - or perhaps especially - one or two of the Pummy-bashers

TRUST us, we will neither bring any snakes or spiders nor will we assassinate your cat.

Don't believe a word of it. You're coming on cat-trapping holiday I bet.

PUMMY ALERT . . PUMMY ALERT . . .

Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top