Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:29 PM

Re: What I've achieved today

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
You've worn me out too, Jazzi. And perhaps guilt-tripped me into doing that supplementary list of instructions to go with my will too...Problem is, sometimes I don't like doing grown-up things.
My family don't know anything about my financial life, or my friends, (internet or real, really), so I considered it to be important. If your situation is similar, then go for it.

A list of everything, placed with the Will, should make the dealing of my estate easy and smooth.

My Mum's life was in a briefcase, and as my name was added to her bank accounts, I knew who and what she was paying. I therefore had no problems sorting out her Estate, and I'd really like my family not to have hassle.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 08:20 PM

Good for you! Jazzi. I kept putting it off but l'm pleased l eventually made my will.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Good for you! Jazzi. I kept putting it off but l'm pleased l eventually made my will.
Good Art! I confessed to the company that with me it was laziness, so the person making the booking said at least I'd made that first step, and that was good.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
You forgot to say that you had achieved to upset someone who was trying to help you regarding your witnesses.
Is that another attempt of one of your jokes? which never works. If not, supply evidence.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 10:02 PM

We have got it all sorted. Funny, I felt vulnerable for weeks afterwards.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

03-08-2016, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Is that another attempt of one of your jokes? which never works. If not, supply evidence.
It was on another thread.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
My family don't know anything about my financial life, or my friends, (internet or real, really), so I considered it to be important. If your situation is similar, then go for it.
I've been planning to write lists and letters for ages, because I'm in a similar situation though not leaving stuff to family. I'm going to make a concerted effort now to get it done and crossed off my to do list!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-08-2016, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I've been planning to write lists and letters for ages, because I'm in a similar situation though not leaving stuff to family. I'm going to make a concerted effort now to get it done and crossed off my to do list!
Good for you!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

05-08-2016, 04:48 PM

Today I have:

Made another tube train trip to Waterloo, via a different line, to check it's suitcase lugging friendly. Not quite...still about 8 steps to negotiate, but not as bad as other routes.

Collected my train tickets from the pre paid machines.

Had a quick diet coke.

Wandered around the station, for a nose, toilet break, then down to the Jubilee line.

To Stratford Westfield City, into Boots Opticians, waited an enormous amount of time to order a spare pair of reading spectacles. Once done...

Lunch in McDonalds, cheeseburger happy meal.

Looked at every item in Lakeland, but just bought a vacuum insect catcher.

Bought a few things in Waitrose.

Buses home. Unpacked, had a cuppa...and now I'm off to Morrisons!!!!

Volunteering for the council tomorrow between 11-3, so need to get my supplies in. Add half hour or so either side, journey time...equals a long day.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 07:26 PM

Well Jazzi you have been a busy girl !!!

Hijacking your thread I know but ...

today I met a friend ... had a lovely bus ride to the start of our walk ... stopped for coffee and a cheese and bacon oatcake (well we were in Staffordshire and my friend had never tasted oatcakes) by the side of the station for the miniture steam trains ... had a lovely walk along the disused railway track into Leek town centre ... bus back to Macclesfield then waved my friend off on the train to Manchester.

When I got home I planned a train journey to Blackpool on Sunday for the airshow ... Red Arrows flying at 4pm ... and booked my tickets online for collection from the ticket machine at the station .... my daughter and granddaughter are coming along too

It's amazing the price difference in train fares .... Macclesfield to Blackpool return = £31.30 .... split ticketing price = £17.10 ..... CRAZY !!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top