Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 09:52 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Good morning fellow members a strange morning here with mist sitting over the flooded fields and still mud everywhere after a night of rain .

I need to tidy Chloe a bit but the prospect of standing in the cold garage for anything more than five minutes doesn't appeal.

At least things are moving with my sons new house in spite of the rain and mud the demolition men are getting on with removing the old house at last. My son has installed cameras to follow the progress..

Enjoy your day everyone
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 10:03 AM

Looks like a nice plot Meg, although I hope it isn't riverside... Best of luck to your son on his grand project, I hope all goes well for him.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 10:07 AM

Morning all.

Patsy, hope you feel better soon.

Barry, my Council have confirmed that yes, they ARE going ahead with plans to demolish and rebuild our raised beds (those that are damaged/worn/falling apart), but ATM don't have an idea when. The manager was hoping to give me a decision by the end of next week, so I can't do anything on my allotment till I get their final answer. Feel I'm in limbo. Could do with the exercise, but how much damage would they do when rebuilding, as I still have the ground bit, with my rose bush, damson tree and fruit bushes?

Scary thought, as we've seen what happens when third party companies set foot on our site!!!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Looks like a nice plot Meg, although I hope it isn't riverside... Best of luck to your son on his grand project, I hope all goes well for him.
Thanks Barry it is on a hill and set in two acres overlooking an AONB, so getting planning permission has been a nightmare and every detail scrutinised including the design and materials used.
The new house will look like a barn conversion and should be very efficient to run .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-03-22 14.16.24.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	71  
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 10:26 AM

Well I've made it in time to say Good Morning today! The day has started well, with clear skies, a touch of coolness in the air and the Tesco delivery arrived, unloaded and packed away all by ten past nine. We await the arrival of the gas man, who needs to change the cylinder in the airing cupboard - hopefully not too huge a project. It sounds like a good excuse to go out for a coffee though, once he is in and settled.

Hope everyone has a good day and that the country continues to dry up a little
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 10:47 AM

buenas dias all. Sunny and colder indoors than outdoors. Itīs another holiday here today and so far no plans, I hope it stays that way. We didnīt go to see any procession last night, too cold and too lazy. I heard on the radio yesterday that December was the wettest month in England since 1909(might have got the date wrong but I think thatīs what I heard). Iīm sure your sonīs house will be lovely when finished Meg, I hope all goes well with it. Have a nice day all.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 10:58 AM

Good morning,
Lovely pic again Alan thanks.
I've got one of my daughter's for lunch today, which will be lovely. Looking after a couple of grandsons later.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:16 AM

Go for that walk, Alan. Its good for you !
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:22 AM

Good morning
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Go for that walk, Alan. Its good for you !
We go walking 2/3 times a week Painter but only short walks these days. Still, at the ripe old age of 82, a short walk is better than no walk at all!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top