Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 12:14 PM

Trusting People On The Internet....

Do you feel you could trust a 'friend', male or female you know on a social site/forum as much as those friends you know in real life? I don't mean Dating sites!
Do you trust them or are you always a little wary? What are your views and experiences?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 12:30 PM

Re: Trusting People On The Internet....

I would not trust anyone on line until I meet them in the flesh.
Saying that, I would trust you Art, even with my wallet.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 12:31 PM

I am always very wary of any sort of social sites. I would be even more wary were I female. I would also say NEVER arrange to meet anybody, whichever sex you are, unless you are accompanied by another person and if you MUST meet a "friend"! then never at night and always in a busy, brightly lit place. OK, so who wants to meet me then? Bearing in mind i'm 76 this month and happily married.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 12:42 PM

i dont trust friends in real life 100%,had to many of them let me down,,
iv a few internet friends,
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 12:45 PM

I have three good online friends but the friendships were built up over a couple of years, first having a banter in the forums, then Personal Messages and now through private e mail

I don't accept 'friendship' requests, experience has taught me to be wary and certainly not off anybody who wants to be a friend as soon as you join the site, that seems a bit silly to me
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
i dont trust friends in real life 100%,had to many of them let me down,,
iv a few internet friends,
Same here doctor
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 12:51 PM

I chat on forums and occasionally that develops into email chats but that's really closest I get to internet friends. I've got closer a few years ago and regretted it so I'm very wary these days.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ambre ->
I have three good online friends but the friendships were built up over a couple of years, first having a banter in the forums, then Personal Messages and now through private e mail

I don't accept 'friendship' requests, experience has taught me to be wary and certainly not off anybody who wants to be a friend as soon as you join the site, that seems a bit silly to me
Ambre, That's really good to have those friends but can you be really sure they don't talk about you via emails to each other behind your back?
Honestly, l am sure they don't but this is what l'm meaning about trusting people you get to know on the Internet.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2016, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I chat on forums and occasionally that develops into email chats but that's really closest I get to internet friends. I've got closer a few years ago and regretted it so I'm very wary these days.
Julie, ln what way did they lose your trust?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I would not trust anyone on line until I meet them in the flesh.
Saying that, I would trust you Art, even with my wallet.
Emjay, I would trust you, as l don't think you have a bad bone in your body!
Ermm... how much is in your wallet?!! Actually, you could trust me with it as l am very honest!!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top