Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 05:38 PM

A sad day..

We had some very sad news this afternoon. Tony's best and oldest friend, Vic is in hospital with terminal cancer. We phoned his son up as usual to see if it was ok for Tony to visit Vic tomorrow and he said there was no point now - Vic was unconscious and not got long to live - a few days at the most. The family are taking it in turns to keep a vigil by his bedside..

As if this wasn't enough, Vic's wife Pauline has recently been diagnosed with oral cancer and is in the same hospital following an operation to remove half of her jaw.

She so needs to be with him at the end and he so needs to be with her to offer comfort and support and neither are possible.

I can't begin to put myself in Pauline's shoes.

Feeling so very sad for them...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 05:40 PM

Re: A sad day..

Sorry to hear this carol , there are no words to say that help , but my thoughts are with you all x
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 06:32 PM

Well as the saying goes ..." life can be cruel " ... especially so in this case

Sending (((hugs))) to you and Tony ... xx
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 06:45 PM

The only consolation is that they've got a close and loving family. Two sons and a daughter. They run the family business together (that Vic started) and would do anything for their parents.

I know they will handle things and look after their mum..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 06:58 PM

Sorry to hear your sad news. Here too we lost a long time lovely friend to cancer yesterday. Itīs horrible losing friends. My condolences to you and your friendīs family.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:01 PM

Thinking of you, Carol.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:37 PM

Carol, l am really sorry to hear about your friends. Just recently, l have been to three funerals, of friends around my own age....mumbles...68. It makes you wonder, what's it all about? Could l be next?!!
I was telling somebody recently that l have a bottle of Bollinger champagne that l got for my 60th birthday. They said, champagne doesn't keep, why are you keeping it, it goes off! Well, after reading about your friends, l have opened it, who knows what's around the corner?
Good Health Everybody.......
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:41 PM

Oh Carol, that is really sad. Sending hugs to you and your friends.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh Carol, that is really sad. Sending hugs to you and your friends.
I can only agree with all the comforting things other people are saying Carol.
Expressing oneself is always difficult when someone is hurting.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 08:01 PM

Terribly sad news and I feel for all of you.

I too am getting fed with losing friends to cancer - some who were much younger than me.
The sooner they find a cure to this terrible illness the better.

We can all live in hope.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top