Join for free
Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 04:21 PM

Re: Mammogram

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep unquestionably. But in such serious matters as these are we not searching for the truth and facts rather than "opinion"? let's keep it real.
You can search for what you want, but I object to the way you pressure others to follow what you say. We all now know what you believe, but much of what you find on the internet has a bias that many of us have no interest in. All we are asking is that you allow others to make their own choices in life.
We are not stupid and are perfectly capable of making the right choices for us, without you input.

Julie, many of us believe you have made the right choice, in your care, but only you have the right to make that choice.... so listen you yourself.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I object to the way you pressure others to follow what you say.
Silly comment. I don't pressure people to follow what I say. I present facts, studies, medical trials and important data and hope people are objective enough to look at it, digest it and take it into consideration. Nothing I post is personal conjecture or opinion, it is information sourced from a wide variety of reliable sources. I realise this kind of information is not for you, or indeed Julie, but you are pretty naïve if you think I am here to try and convince people like yourself.

There are plenty of other readers willing to remain rational and objective and who appreciate the effort some put in to bring information to the forefront. Information which some would rather keep suppressed !

We all now know what you believe
It's not what I believe. I guess this is the fundamental point you consistently fail on. You persist in trying to make this personal, trying to berate me personally for highlighting the information. It's not MY information. It is the information from respected medical practitioners and research bodies. If you can't deal with that then probably best to just stay quiet and ignore it all. If you disagree with any of the data, just take it up with the people or bodies that produced it. Constantly ranting at the messenger is frankly puerile.

All we are asking is that you allow others to make their own choices in life.
People are entirely free to believe what they want. Unicorns, fluffy angels in clouds, the efficacy of medical treatments and drugs, anything. All I do is provide more information for people to read and digest in order to make more informed decisions. You don't appear to like or accept that. I find that pretty disturbing, much like your previous post suggesting that we effectively censor future discussion on the flu vaccine. Appalling stuff.

We are not stupid and are perfectly capable of making the right choices for us, without you input.
Great. So why do you keep popping into these threads to berate me for providing information? If you are content in your beliefs why are you engaging in the debate?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 04:44 PM

Prospective new screening method here that could really help women. Possibly the thing Annie referred to earlier.

This is the kind of thing we need to rid the world of the ridiculous Mammography situation.

ONCOBlot

THE GAME-CHANGING CANCER BLOOD TEST

http://medicorcancer.com/oncoblot/

"The ONCOblot® test looks for tiny amount of proteins called ENOX2 in the blood. These proteins are produced by cells only when they become cancerous, and are not produced by healthy cells. The ENOX2 proteins are shed into the circulation and can be detected through an advanced patented process. These proteins serve as highly sensitive markers to confirm the presence of cancer"

"The ONCOblot® blood test can detect a tiny amount of cancer anywhere in the body, whether it has spread or not. It is estimated this test can find as few as 2 million cancer cells, which roughly corresponds to a 1 to 2mm tumour – about the size of a pin head! Compare this to a mammogram which requires a tumour to contain about 100 – 1000 times more cells (7.5mm in size) before it will be reliably detected! Even if there is no tumour, but there are more than about 2 million cancer cells floating in the blood or lymphatic system, ONCOblot® will detect the cancer with great accuracy"

"“Stage 0” cancers are also detected with high accuracy (like DCIS which is a localized cancer of the breast). What is even more impressive is that ONCOblot® also has a very low false-positive rate of less than 1% (the chance of telling you there is cancer in the body when there actually isn’t). This is extremely important because the test would not be useful if it frequently reported the presence of cancer when there was none.

In addition, ONCOblot® can identify the organ that the cancer came from (“tissue of origin”) without a scan or biopsy, with over 96% accuracy"
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 05:00 PM

Silly comment. I don't pressure people to follow what I say. I present facts, studies, medical trials and important data and hope people are objective enough to look at it, digest it and take it into consideration. Nothing I post is personal conjecture or opinion, it is information sourced from a wide variety of reliable sources. I realise this kind of information is not for you, or indeed Julie, but you are pretty naïve if you think I am here to try and convince people like yourself.

There are plenty of other readers willing to remain rational and objective and who appreciate the effort some put in to bring information to the forefront. Information which some would rather keep suppressed !

It's not what I believe. I guess this is the fundamental point you consistently fail on. You persist in trying to make this personal, trying to berate me personally for highlighting the information. It's not MY information. It is the information from respected medical practitioners and research bodies. If you can't deal with that then probably best to just stay quiet and ignore it all. If you disagree with any of the data, just take it up with the people or bodies that produced it. Constantly ranting at the messenger is frankly puerile.

People are entirely free to believe what they want. Unicorns, fluffy angels in clouds, the efficacy of medical treatments and drugs, anything. All I do is provide more information for people to read and digest in order to make more informed decisions. You don't appear to like or accept that. I find that pretty disturbing, much like your previous post suggesting that we effectively censor future discussion on the flu vaccine. Appalling stuff.

Great. So why do you keep popping into these threads to berate me for providing information? If you are content in your beliefs why are you engaging in the debate?
Probably because I am fed up of hearing you constantly repeat the same thing over & over again.
Why do you wish to keep arguing with those who have different information & beliefs?

On the other hand, perhaps you are right and we should just not take part in threads where you argue the same point about every 3rd post.... so I will just put you on ignore!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 05:10 PM

Probably because I am fed up of hearing you constantly repeat the same thing over & over again.
But you're not interested in the discussion and debate, so why are you even reading ?! [/quote]

Why do you wish to keep arguing with those who have different information & beliefs?
Categorising such discussion as "arguing" is a classic symptom or those who simply don't understand the process of debate and exchange or ideas. No-one is arguing. People are throwing around data, facts and opinions, some are providing source links and irrefutable facts. The process is a good one. It helps everyone move forward, it enlightens us and leads to better more informed decision making. That's really important.

On the other hand, perhaps you are right and we should just not take part in threads where you argue the same point about every 3rd post
Not quite, but yes, quite possibly discussions and debates on such important topics are not for you until you learn to respect the processes involved and can contribute without persecuting the "messengers", the people who bring information but who aren't the creators/owners of that information.

.... so I will just put you on ignore!
Excellent.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:10 PM

I only started the thread to remind people to go for their tests. Wish I hadn't bothered really and we could all just have ignored the help the NHS does offer us.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:14 PM

Switzerland has now banned it and rightly so.

Do you not think that is significant?
I cannot find any genuine news websites that confirm that Switzerland has banned mammograms.

There are plenty of "alternative health news" sites that assert it's the case but nothing official or genuine.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I cannot find any genuine news websites that confirm that Switzerland has banned mammograms.

There are plenty of "alternative health news" sites that assert it's the case but nothing official or genuine.
And that's the problem with a lot that is posted, no credible sources agree.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:32 PM

It's a whole industry Julie. It's impossible to tell what's real and what's fake news.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I only started the thread to remind people to go for their tests. Wish I hadn't bothered really and we could all just have ignored the help the NHS does offer us.

That's all it takes, Julie.

Mags only started a thread to remind people about their flu jabs too, and look what happened there!

Same on the "God" threads.

So many threads completely taken over with one person's obsessive "facts."

Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top