Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:02 PM

Re: Mammogram

Originally Posted by Realist ->

There's a difference between criticism and out and out persecution of those providing information. There's no new or meaningful information forthcoming in the thread at this point, only childish vitriol and immature ranting from the same tiny little clique of ladies and that's not healthy for the forum imo. .
There is no "clique" here Realist. The sexist jibe doesn't support your points. Perhaps you could refrain from patronising us little women? We are no longer wearing crinoline and whalebone.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:05 PM

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself

Play the ball not the man
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:07 PM

Ok so you can't answer my question about Switzerland. It was your point. Clearly taken from a fake news blog.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ok so you can't answer my question about Switzerland. It was your point. Clearly taken from a fake news blog.
Are my Google links all fake?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote away to your heart's content, I stand by my post and I will not change my mind.

I have said what I think, and unlike some, am quite capable of making my point short and sweet, then leaving it at that.

I have no need at all, to repeat myself for the next 11 pages.
That would be rather pathetic.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-11-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Are my Google links all fake?
I did google it myself Ruthio, I could not see any different links in your search.

As mentioned Cyrcadia is a business producing a bra to detect cancer. The news stories about their product stopped in 2017.

The only more official news source I could find is the news story that I posted which is from the swiss version of the BBC and is dated 2014. Nothing recent confirms anything about mammograms actually being banned in Switzerland.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There is no "clique" here Realist. The sexist jibe doesn't support your points. Perhaps you could refrain from patronising us little women? We are no longer wearing crinoline and whalebone.

Amazing Annie, how a few people who don't agree with him are called a 'clique'.

Sp would a few people who agreed with him also be called a 'clique' I wonder?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 11:58 PM

Didn't we go around in this circle just a few months back?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Didn't we go around in this circle just a few months back?
Probably missy as I am not the only member posts just to remind others how important it is to have any tests they offer. I always assume you are all grown ups can make your own mind up so I'm not telling anyone to do it just reminding those who do that it's available.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
so I'm not telling anyone to do it just reminding those who do that it's available.
and yet in the OP

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hope you all keep your appointments as uncomfortable as it is I wouldn't be sitting her now if I had avoided my appointments.
I'm sorry but if we are going to have posts actively encouraging people to have Mammograms then it is right, fair and very appropriate that we warn people about the awful dangers associated with that, and provide the plethora of information out there that supports it. In fact it is wholly irresponsible not to do that. There still exist websites actively promoting Mammography which don't make any attempt to provide the absolute deluge of ratified irrefutable data that shows they do more harm than good. That I'm afraid is utterly immoral.

Women need to be told the truth.

If I were to just start up a thread encouraging people to buy and use Grapefruit Seed Extract as you have just done encouraging people to have Mammograms, there would be the usual people here who would IMMEDIATELY jump on the thread and say "Hang on, this could be really dangerous if you are on Statins and other medications" and they would provide the appropriate details, probably with links to the source material.

And they would be totally right to do so !

This is why open forums and rational debate is so important. We need to be able to put up the associated details that are available and have space to discuss them.

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top