Join for free
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 01:12 PM

Re: Mammogram

Don't worry realist I have learned a lesson I'll not remind anyone about possibly life saving medical treatment and tests again. They will have to fend for themselves because this tiresome roundabout each time is just getting on mine and I'm sure others nerves. I have better places I can post to let people know where it is appreciated and not used to peddle fear and denigrate the people who are trying to help us stay alive.

Actually we have a self modded bit of the forum perhaps I'll give that a try ! It's never occured to me before but it might be the answer.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 02:48 PM

Julie, you are free to post whatever you want. You can wax lyrical about the benefits of crack cocaine if you wish. What you can't do is censor other people's views on the subject. It's simple debate, nothing more. In life people ARE going to disagree with you. In life people ARE going to sometimes put up credible arguments for which your anecdotal experience has no counter. Learning to accept that and being more open to considering the plethora of consistent information out there is a wholesome thing. There is nothing personal in debate, it should be the free exchange of information and ideas hopefully supported by good data.

If you are considering a self-modding part of the forum to debate that rather suggests you are too afraid to have views challenged. If that's where you need to be, fair enough.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 02:51 PM

It wasn't a debate realist,that wasn't what I intended with my reminder. Same with flu jabs they are reminders to people to look at what's on offer and protect themselves if they wish. I always assume as adults we have researched as much as we want before we make our decisions. Debate assumes we haven't.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It wasn't a debate realist,that wasn't what I intended with my reminder. Same with flu jabs they are reminders to people to look at what's on offer and protect themselves if they wish. I always assume as adults we have researched as much as we want before we make our decisions. Debate assumes we haven't.
And once again:

1. This is an open forum Julie. It's not your personal web space to do as you wish. Post what you like but don't try to censor what others want to add to it

2. Nobody owns any thread that they create. You are simply the first poster in the thread, nothing more. You wanted to tell people (god knows why) when your Mammogram appointment was and also wanted to encourage others to have Mammograms. That's your prerogative. It's a free world, a free site. I wanted to tell people that Mammograms are extremely harmful, do more harm than good, provide the data to back it up and highlight just how serious an issue it is that so many ignorant women still, even today, believe the misguided fallacy that Mammograms have any effect on breast cancer mortality rates.

You say what you want to say Julie. I will say what I want to say. You don't have to agree. You don't have to like it.

And your assumption that readers are well researched is patently incorrect. Many here absolutely need the information. Some don't, and that's fine, those people can (and should) just ignore these threads.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-11-2018, 03:42 PM

As I said previously I won't bother again realist you get your way you can debate as much as you want. In fact seems strange to me you wait for anyone else to start a thread you could have your own or does taking over other people's suit your agenda more ?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

19-11-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
you could have your own or does taking over other people's suit your agenda more ?
sigh . . .

And once more

Nobody "owns" threads Julie. So it's impossible to "take over someone else's". Threads are just threads. They are a "starter for 10" by an initial poster, nothing more nothing less.

What a person starts, others will add to, others will finish. Simple as. Open forum. Simple concept imho.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-11-2018, 04:20 PM

sigh as much as you like I usually try to respect other peoples well meaning threads. But obviously thats wrong way to carry on.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:51 PM

A reminder to folks that if you wish to debate a medical subject on health, it should be posted in the Other Debates/Discussions section..... not General Health.

https://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
A reminder to folks that if you wish to debate a medical subject on health, it should be posted in the Other Debates/Discussions section..... not General Health.

https://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72
I don't understand that Mags
Does it apply to the 'flu jab threads too?

Surely if it's an aspect of people's health it goes in the Health section?
I'm easily confused!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I don't understand that Mags
Does it apply to the 'flu jab threads too?

Surely if it's an aspect of people's health it goes in the Health section?
I'm easily confused!
Ruthio, the Flu jab thread started as a general reminder to members in the Health section, then after goodness knows how many pages it was turned into a debate and was more appropriately moved to the Debate/Discussion section.

Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top