Join for free
Page 9 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 01:44 PM

Re: Mammogram

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So I need to be more rational and leave my family without me to save other women who may be harmed by radiation. No they need to make their own minds up as I did what is riskier for them to do not abandon people like me to die early.
Julie treat Realist advice for what it is, somebody who thinks he knows it all but has no personal experience!

You have been braver than many and have fought serious illnesses to be still here with you family. To me that says you have made the right decisions, for you, without the need for researching the internet.
I would suggest that you ignore his comments and do what you have always done.....put your families needs first!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 02:48 PM

So I need to be more rational
Genuinely yes, not just on this issue but many others too. Your posts across the forum highlight emotion and feelings rather than rational evidential enquiry. Very sincerely, I believe you would benefit from being more open and rational.

and leave my family without me to save other women who may be harmed by radiation.
There's no suggestion of that. Taking action is clearly necessary, but using your singular situation to support the awful practice of Mammography is plain wrong. It is harming millions of women. Emotional anecdotes are not rational thought and science.

Women need to opt for screening techniques that actually work and are reliable. Citing your singular case is unhelpful and misleading in the wider context. The facts and studies irrefutably show that Mammograms are bad, that they do more harm than good.

not abandon people like me to die early.
No-one is suggesting that we abandon women to die Julie.

There needs to be a proper reliable detection method offered that does not result in ridiculous numbers of false positives that see women having the breasts lopped off unnecessarily.

The current situation is abhorrent and its been that way for many many years. The medical industry and doctors have known the truth and facts all this time, but nevertheless have continued with Mammography screening. That's the control and pressure of the medical industry at work. Profits before health.

Switzerland has now banned it and rightly so.

Do you not think that is significant?

Are you really, with all this evidence, suggesting that the industry continues harming women with mammography? Really?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 02:52 PM

Twink you are right and I'll take my little emotional self and ignore any more of the long long posts against credible scientific NHS backed treatment.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 02:55 PM

credible scientific NHS backed treatment.
Now you're outright lying. Disappointing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 03:03 PM

I'm not a liar
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 03:13 PM

All the credible evidence highlights the harms that Mammography causes. There is no doubt about this in the medical community. There are numerous trials and studies that prove Mammography does more harm than good. Women are being harmed, even now, by the Mammography screening programme and they have been being harmed for many many years.

Do you refute all of that evidence?

If so on what basis?

If not then why are you defending this awful practice?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-11-2018, 03:22 PM

Because it saves lives and that's my last word on the subject.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 03:29 PM

No problem.

It's clear that it does save lives, but that it harms and/or takes more lives than it saves so the point is moot and toothless. That's the issue really. I'm glad for you that you were saved but it's clear to me that your objectivity is skewed by those events. Understandable.

Mammography is on the way out. It IS happening. Slowly.
Let's hope that not too many women are harmed or killed before it happens.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 03:32 PM

I also agree with everything Julie says.

Realist, please remember everyone here is entitled to their own opinion whether you accept it or not.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-11-2018, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Realist, please remember everyone here is entitled to their own opinion whether you accept it or not.
Yep unquestionably. But in such serious matters as these are we not searching for the truth and facts rather than "opinion"? let's keep it real.

Opinion, noun,

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

Page 9 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top