Join for free
Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:55 AM

Re: Leavers and Remainers, A Call For Unity?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Not sure why you say that. It could go both ways as remain voters are totally sick of previously unknown MPs harping on about a hard brexit and no deal. More youngsters are now of voting age so i predict just as much division in Parliament as there is today. Still that is as it should be. We don't vote people in to buddy up with each other like nodding dogs but to challenge the status quo.
I doubt there is a majority for a second referendum, revoking A50 or postponing it. According to one of the polls I read today (I forget which one) a no-deal Brexit is more popular than anything else - including Mays deal.

What I'm having difficulty to understand is why we need a second referendum on Mays deal anyway as parliament have already rejected it and, besides, can any remainers tell me what the problem is that a second referendum is supposed to fix ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I doubt there is a majority for a second referendum, revoking A50 or postponing it. According to one of the polls I read today (I forget which one) a no-deal Brexit is more popular than anything else - including Mays deal.

What I'm having difficulty to understand is why we need a second referendum on Mays deal anyway as parliament have already rejected it and, besides, can any remainers tell me what the problem is that a second referendum is supposed to fix ?
I don't want a second referendum and I don't think parliament should delegate their responsibility to voters. That's the lazy way out for them.

I want them to delay or revoke article50 and take time to get a deal or plan that is agreed by all. The trouble is that nobody can presently agree on a way forward. I was resigned to leave but the current situation is nuts. If they are not agreed then they have to buy more time without compromising the economy or welfare of citizens.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 02:29 PM

I don't want a second referendum and I don't think parliament should delegate their responsibility to voters. That's the lazy way out for them.

I want them to delay or revoke article50 and take time to get a deal or plan that is agreed by all. The trouble is that nobody can presently agree on a way forward. I was resigned to leave but the current situation is nuts. If they are not agreed then they have to buy more time without compromising the economy or welfare of citizens.
Yes I think you make a very good point.

Saying that, if we started again, we would only end up back where we are now. It's Parliament to blame for the mess and Theresa May trying to keep everyone happy.

I still prefer leaving on 29th March with no strings attached, trading with the EU in the same way as we will be trading will all other 3rd countries in the world.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 03:09 PM

I want them to delay or revoke article50 and take time to get a deal or plan that is agreed by all. .
Well you will get your wish regarding an extension to Article 50 unquestionably. It was so utterly predictable. Buying more and more time to keep plugging away at the populous with this pathetic colossal social media campaign attempting to sway people to Stay rather than Leave so that they can, as soon as the moment is deemed right, hold that 2nd referendum.

We SHOULD absolutely just drop out on 29th March. We voted to Leave and if a Withdrawal Deal can not be agreed then dropping out is the legitimate result according to the EU Treaties.

It should happen.

It needs to happen.

But it won't happen

because the EU has no intention whatsoever of allowing us to Leave and will continue to control our government and politicians in order to obstruct our democratic decision to Leave.

Shameful in every aspect. Massively dictatorial. The end of democracy.

But they don't care. Dictators just do what they want to do regardless. . . until they are eventually deposed.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-01-2019, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well you will get your wish regarding an extension to Article 50 unquestionably. It was so utterly predictable. Buying more and more time to keep plugging away at the populous with this pathetic colossal social media campaign attempting to sway people to Stay rather than Leave so that they can, as soon as the moment is deemed right, hold that 2nd referendum.

We SHOULD absolutely just drop out on 29th March. We voted to Leave and if a Withdrawal Deal can not be agreed then dropping out is the legitimate result according to the EU Treaties.

It should happen.

It needs to happen.

But it won't happen

because the EU has no intention whatsoever of allowing us to Leave and will continue to control our government and politicians in order to obstruct our democratic decision to Leave.

But they don't care. Dictators just do what they want to do regardless. . . until they are eventually deposed.

We haven't implemented the first referendum yet never mind having a second one FFS
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I still prefer leaving on 29th March with no strings attached, trading with the EU in the same way as we will be trading will all other 3rd countries in the world.
True.

Sod the politicians, the businesses of the EU will still want to trade with us.

After all, we buy more from them than they from us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

It should happen.

It needs to happen.

But it won't happen

I'm sure you're right.

However, we must remember that the EU could not dictate to us without our own MPs being complicit.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm sure you're right.

However, we must remember that the EU could not dictate to us without our own MPs being complicit.
lol JBR. Our MPs are EU people. They are all part of the great pyramid structure, sworn in under heinous oaths not to reveal their secrets blah blah blah. Our government is just an illusory sideshow front.

There are 2 masonic lodges WITHIN Westminster itself FFS.

Isn't it time we uncovered who is really running the show, who is really giving the orders ? One thing is certain we don't get to vote for them. We don't get any input to their policies which remain hidden, except of course for the long standing aim to create a single world government run by them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Yep Russians
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 06:16 PM

No it's actually the aliens. They have been infiltrating our government for decades. Did you think all those crop circles were a coincidence?

Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top