Join for free
Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:03 PM

Re: What Things Have You Learned On This Forum?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ha! I've been here for nearly 8 years and only just decided that I'm wasting my time trying to lift some opinions out of the 1950's!
But I was born in the 1950s!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wish we could go back to the 1950's TessA....
Life seemed so much more........Well friendlier and community driven....The music was good, the BBC reported proper news, you could sit in a pub and have a pint and a fag, you didn't feel guilty about damaging the planet cos nobody (except the doctor) had a car, your brain wasn't full of useless information off tinternet, you could have a proper conversation with your kids without them being glued to a screen, villages were just small hamlets of farms instead of massive housing estates, and only burglars and the lone ranger wore masks! Kimosabi!
Yes, and we were proud to be still leading the world in some aspects of science and technology.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
But I was born in the 1950s!
So was I JBR but my attitudes have changed since I was an infant!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:13 PM

So was I JBR but my attitudes have changed since I sas an infant!
So, its all your fault then.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:13 PM

I wish we could go back to the 1950's TessA....
Life seemed so much more........Well friendlier and community driven....The music was good, the BBC reported proper news, you could sit in a pub and have a pint and a fag, you didn't feel guilty about damaging the planet cos nobody (except the doctor) had a car, your brain wasn't full of useless information off tinternet, you could have a proper conversation with your kids without them being glued to a screen, villages were just small hamlets of farms instead of massive housing estates, and only burglars and the lone ranger wore masks! Kimosabi!
It was better in some ways Foxy, but we didn't have any insight on certain things, were much more discriminatory and judgemental. Heaven help anyone who was "different".
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

10-10-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
So, its all your fault then.
Probably Spitty, possibly.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 11:24 AM

It was better in some ways Foxy, but we didn't have any insight on certain things, were much more discriminatory and judgemental. Heaven help anyone who was "different".
We are too clever for our own good now TessA, and it makes the world a very complex place with everyone complaining and being unhappy with their lot, and the internet provides the perfect soapbox to voice your opinion. Being driven on by the media in most cases, and having too much time on our hands because nobody has to work too hard to earn a living. In some cases you don't need to work at all to be well off. Idle hands are mischievous hands.....

"were much more discriminatory and judgemental. Heaven help anyone who was "different"

You mean we called the fat kid 'Fat' and the spotty kid 'Spotty'...Despite that, there were hardly any suicides. Now we find excuses and give them posh medical names, but the suicide rate is astronomical...

I can't speak for anywhere else TessA, but there were no blacks or muslims round here in those days, and interlopers were looked on with suspicion until they made a name for themselves. Once you were accepted though, be it black, white or Muslim, you joined a caring, sharing, community, and were part of the family. Nowadays, people don't even know who lives three doors down the street.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 11:27 AM

Bloody hell, this thread is sooo depressing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Bloody hell, this thread is sooo depressing.
Sometimes life is a bitch Vlad......
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 11:43 AM

Sometimes life is a bitch Vlad......
Agreed, but you play the cards you are dealt..move on to the next hand or leave the table.

Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top