Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:11 AM

Re: What do you do with your trolley after a shop

I think those that leave their trolley just anywhere in the car park are selfish. l have seen lone trolleys being taken by a gust of wind and smashing into parked cars.

I never park my car next to a trolley shelter... have you seen how some shoppers ‘drive’ their trolley?!!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:50 AM

We bought a bag of 1000 coin sized plastic tokens some time ago. At the time it cost us a fiver plus post from a gaming machine distributer. Still got lots left but they do mean we can just leave the thing where it is once finished with it with the wheel brakes on to stop it being blown around. Supermarkets employ staff to collect stray trolleys - let them earn their wage.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:58 AM

I usually park beside a trolley shelter so it goes back in there. I have a big packet of Dettol Wipes in the car so I take one with me and wipe the trolley before I use it. No pound coin use here either...
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

06-07-2021, 12:05 PM

I use a trolley that can be attached to the front of my wheelchair.

I never leave a trolley anywhere for ”staff to collect stray trolleys” as supermarkets here don’t employ staff to do that. So back to the trolley park it goes.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We bought a bag of 1000 coin sized plastic tokens some time ago. At the time it cost us a fiver plus post from a gaming machine distributer. Still got lots left but they do mean we can just leave the thing where it is once finished with it with the wheel brakes on to stop it being blown around. Supermarkets employ staff to collect stray trolleys - let them earn their wage.
Only Aldi has coins here precisely because they don't have people collecting trolleys. Even then you can buy a little device for $1 that attaches to your key ring and releases the trolley without remaining in the slot. Paying $10 for plastic coins seems wasteful and expensive. It would have been cheaper to cut a pound coin in half and made your own.

Here's a posh phallic one (it does other things but I forget what):

None of the other supermarkets require coins and they have trailers driving round to pick up all the trolleys because the local council fines the supermarkets for errant trolleys.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Only Aldi has coins here precisely because they don't have people collecting trolleys. Even then you can buy a little device for $1 that attaches to your key ring and releases the trolley without remaining in the slot. Paying $10 for plastic coins seems wasteful and expensive.

Here's a posh phallic one (it does other things but I forget what):

None of the other supermarkets require coins and they have trailers driving round to pick up all the trolleys because the local council fines the supermarkets for errant trolleys.

Plastic tokens@ $10 aus for a thousand is hardly expensive.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Plastic tokens@ $10 aus for a thousand is hardly expensive.
That's 1 cent each isn't it? Compared to a simple reusable $1 device or one you can make yourself they are. 900% more expensive
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I return it to its proper place, take out my wee coin token, wipe it down, make sure its all lined up properly, then leave it.
That's the Scot in you!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:04 PM

If I'm at Tesco or Sainsbury I return my trolley to one of the trolley parks dotted around the car park. In fact I usually try to park near one so I don't have far to walk with the trolley when I've unloaded .

Aldi and Lidl only have the one trolley park so you have to return it there to get yer coin or token back. Never seen those nifty little gadgets Bruce, I'm off to have a word with Mr Google
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:05 PM

No problem, at our local Sainsbury's, no coin required, there is a trolley dock by the exit, and anyone crossing the grill, at the exit, sets off an alarm & the trolley brakes lock on.

At the local Aldi, you need a device, which many people construct themselves, or a quid.

Anyone leaving trolleys around must ne "off their trolley"!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top