Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 12:22 PM

Re: I created a crap but handy site.

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I see it and call it as I like.
Having been creating and I mean creating websites for the last 20 years and writing the HTML code for them I do know what I'm talking about
Any five year old can make a webpage these days by adapting a ready made matrix like MKJ did....it's no big deal !
I did carry out some work you know but stopped developing the site after a while.

It is based on the minibb forum software by the way so not something everyone can mess with as it does require quite a lot of messing about to get stuff to work - so no a 5 yr old couldn't create such a site, even as basic as this one is.

Really only the hidden top part is of importance to me - the drop down media panel. I still use the website to access the news. I will be adding more news channels to the panel in due course but the site will close soon.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 12:26 PM

I created a crap but handy site.

If you remove the ' I created' and 'but handy' you will have got it right.
You have created nothing ! you have just adapted someone else's software (miniBB) and added a few links, certainly nothing to gloat about.
Children all over the world are doing the same and doing it much better.
Very nice. I could take umbrage at such a reply you know. Get out of bed the wrong side did you? Wrong time of the month or something?

I have been creating websites and running my own servers for as long as you by the sounds of it. All sorts of websites. This one was just knocked up to mess around with. I can do without the venom.

Website creating dick swinging time is it?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Very nice. I could take umbrage at such a reply you know. Get out of bed the wrong side did you? Wrong time of the month or something?

I have been creating websites and running my own servers for as long as you by the sounds of it. All sorts of websites. This one was just knocked up to mess around with. I can do without the venom.

Website creating dick swinging time is it?
So if you're so good why not actually 'create' one in HTML from scratch instead of trying to bask in the glory of someone else's 'creation'
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2016, 01:03 PM

So if you're so good why not actually 'create' one in HTML from scratch instead of trying to bask in the glory of someone else's 'creation'
Eh, why?

Calling a site 'crap' doesn't exactly say I'm basking in someone's else's glory does it? What on earth are you talking about?

All I was doing was trying to draw attention to the upper media panel so that OFF users could read news from sites they were not aware of. I wasn't trying to show off that I had created a website for goodness sake.

I create websites all the time - daily in fact but I wouldn't call them HTML masterpieces. They are database driven sites mainly that are mobile friendly. Good enough for my purposes and that is all that matters to me.

Why are you so uptight about this? I think you missed the whole point of this thread. See above for the reason for it.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Eh, why?

Calling a site 'crap' doesn't exactly say I'm basking in someone's else's glory does it? What on earth are you talking about?

All I was doing was trying to draw attention to the upper media panel so that OFF users could read news from sites they were not aware of. I wasn't trying to show off that I had created a website for goodness sake.

I create websites all the time - daily in fact but I wouldn't call them HTML masterpieces. They are database driven sites mainly that are mobile friendly. Good enough for my purposes and that is all that matters to me.

Why are you so uptight about this? I think you missed the whole point of this thread. See above for the reason for it.
I really cannot see why you have been attacked in the way you have been MKJ, and to my mind is totally uncalled for. Your thread title says it all in a very honest way, and it is obvious you weren't looking for the 'web site of the year award'...

'I created a crap but handy site'.

Is there something someone doesn't understand about that?
I think whoever should just get off your back, and go get a life!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I really cannot see why you have been attacked in the way you have been MKJ, and to my mind is totally uncalled for. Your thread title says it all in a very honest way, and it is obvious you weren't looking for the 'web site of the year award'...

'I created a crap but handy site'.

Is there something someone doesn't understand about that?
I think whoever should just get off your back, and go get a life!

Oooh Boozy, never have I seen you so masterful!

I do agree with you though, it's no body's business but Mark's what he wants to create.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oooh Boozy, never have I seen you so masterful!

I do agree with you though, it's no body's business but Mark's what he wants to create.
It's not a creation though, just an adaptation, and certainly not worth gloating about enough to start a topic about it in order to have people think he wrote the software, when he clearly did not.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 03:24 PM

It's not a creation though, just an adaptation.

So what Malcolm? Is it harming you?
Leave the man alone to do things his own way. Would you like it if someone nit-picked everything you said?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2016, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So what Malcolm? Is it harming you?
Leave the man alone to do things his own way. Would you like it if someone nit-picked everything you said?
If you can't stand people criticising your posts then the answer is a simple one ... Don't post.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-08-2016, 03:55 PM

I agree, it's fair enough to say we don't agree, but there is a big difference between that and keeping on and on picking away.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top