Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 10:09 AM

Re: BY contract.

I signed up with Plusnet yesterday but for the fibre service instead. I realise that Plusnet are owned by BT and they use the BT openreach network but they are offering a much cheaper price which is important for my financial situation at the moment.

I had an email from BT this morning telling me they are sorry I am leaving but they will be charging me over £141 to end my contract. I have the original email saying due to the price increase I have the option to leave without penalty so I phoned them this morning and eventually sorted it out.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 07:14 PM

I received notification of the latest BT increases recently - it will push my monthly broadband/line rental/mobile allowance up to £66 pm .....

Enough is enough - I've signed up with Zen for £46.99 .....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:47 PM

Good for you Omah, its just a shame not everyone understands they can cancel a contract if the suppliers raise the charges in your contract period

Ive been with Plusnet since July and haven't had one single problem and good steady speeds, I can even connect in my bedroom which was nigh on impossible with BT
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Missy you have absolutely made my day. I am going through all my expenses and trying to cut back. If I can dump BT that would be brilliant.

Ive already got rid of the TV and licence.

I'm going to do a menu for 14 days and a set shopping list to save money hopefully.

The hardest one to save money on is going to be my little car.
I can recommend this book for eating well and healthily on a limited budget.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Econom...home+economics
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Good for you Omah, its just a shame not everyone understands they can cancel a contract if the suppliers raise the charges in your contract period

Ive been with Plusnet since July and haven't had one single problem and good steady speeds, I can even connect in my bedroom which was nigh on impossible with BT
Plusnet was my alternate choice .....

Both companies are highly recommended by Which? magazine .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 11:24 AM

I'm nervous of turning away from BT when we did it before we regretted it and came back. Recently our broadband slowed down so we complained and they said we had a really old modem and sent us a posh new and and it speeded up brilliantly.

We have broadband landline and mobiles with BT and pay £60 a month, that's unlimited calls on four mobiles, unlimited texts, and free day time calls on the land line and unlimited broadband.

I'm not convinced we would get better anywhere else although it might be cheaper I guess.

We share the bill with Nathan as he does most downloading so only pay £40 for the three of us.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 03:17 PM

We have BT for our landline and Internet. Whilst I am not thrilled with them, I doubt we would do any better with another supplier.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

22-11-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I received notification of the latest BT increases recently - it will push my monthly broadband/line rental/mobile allowance up to £66 pm .....

Enough is enough - I've signed up with Zen for £46.99 .....
Actually £43.99 for landline and 80Mbs fibre broadband - no mobile service available, but I'll reconsider my options when I buy a new phone.

I've received my new router and my landline/broadband will be activated on Monday .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

26-11-2018, 11:37 AM

Well, that was almost painless .....

BT emailed me then terminated my line at 0400.

I used my phone as a mobile hotspot to check my mail for notification from Zen but, having received none by 1000, decided to just plug everything in - hey, presto - everything connected automatically .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:46 AM

we always challenge the price with BT and so they don't loose your they reduce the price.

it is the old fishing trick

first Cast out a really cheap price for the first year
second Hook you so you like the price quoted
third Reel in and land you hopefully for a long time with a higher
price

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top