Join for free
Starlight7
New Member!
Melbourne, Australia
Starlight7 is female 

11-02-2021, 09:22 AM

What do you miss about your old country?

For me it is the history. There’s not a lot here though they think there is.There is Aboriginal history but it isn’t so visible as things like Westminster Abbey and the wonderful old stately homes.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 10:20 AM

Re: What do you miss about your old country?

Men.... English or Irish guys are up for a laugh , they know how to flirt all quite innocently and walk away but at the end of the day you both go home with a smile and feel like you've had some fun.

Dutch guys have no idea how to do this they transition from puppy fat to beer fat and never gain a sense of humour.

Also miss ruins. the Dutch have no idea how to leave something to crumble gracefully it has to be repaired patched up renovated made to look new, spoils the whole thing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 10:48 AM

Everything!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 11:38 AM

I haven't gone to live anywhere else, but I miss how England used to be. I don't recognise it anymore.....
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I haven't gone to live anywhere else, but I miss how England used to be. I don't recognise it anymore.....

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there." L.P. Hartley
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 12:16 PM

I've been in a lot of different of countries, some of them in quite exotic places, but my old country will always be my old country.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Maver-rik ->
"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there." L.P. Hartley
I belong in the past, and so now I'm foreign too Maver-rik.
I've have the best bits what the country has had to offer and because we only borrow it, we have to give it back to the young eventually.....
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

when people ask me where Im from I often say its not where its when...

The England I left isnt there any more.. I think thats why it didnt work when I had a trial return.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-02-2021, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
when people ask me where Im from I often say its not where its when...

The England I left isnt there any more.. I think thats why it didnt work when I had a trial return.
Quite true Cass, I don't know whether I'm just an old 'Stick in the Mud' or the world, especially England, is spiraling out of control....I can't say I'll be leaving a better place as it was when I entered it...It's certainly deteriorated on my watch...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top