Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:33 PM

Do You Shake The Nozzle After Filling Up With Fuel?

I was at the petrol station this morning getting petrol. l looked across and l noticed a man in the next lane, really shaking the pump nozzle into the tank as he took the pump out.
He shook it so vigorously, that l wondered if next, he would try to wring it out!!

It made me wonder, if this a thing everyone does? Is it a man thing, or is it something a frugal person would do?

I mean... how much more did he expect to get out of the pump and how far could he travel on it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:40 PM

Re: Do You Shake The Nozzle After Filling Up With Fuel?

I usually give it a gentle shake, just to stop it dripping down the car or on my shoes!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 02:28 PM

I usually give it a gentle shake, just to stop it dripping down the car or on my shoes!

Exactly what happened to me a couple of years ago. The smell of the fuel from my shoes was with me for days so I have been a 'shaker' ever since!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 03:13 PM

No I didn't shake the nozzle Art

This makes me think of little boys having a pee and shaking drips everywhere
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Meg, After reading what it reminds you of....I will never look at a petrol nozzle in the same way ever again!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-03-2021, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes Mups, l must admit, l have known it to drip on the car but it has never reached my feet.... yet!
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

erm only little boys eh!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-03-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->

Exactly what happened to me a couple of years ago. The smell of the fuel from my shoes was with me for days so I have been a 'shaker' ever since!
LT, You sound like a packet of Smith’s crisps with the little bag of salt in it!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 04:22 PM

I give it a gentle shake too to get the very last drop out of the pistol. I have paid for it after all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 04:28 PM

A good old shake now and then doesn't do any harm.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top