Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 12:14 AM

Re: Dash Cam

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Bruce....
Is Coober Pedy where they mine Opal? I've been watching 'Outback Opal Hunters' on TV. I think I prefer 'Aussie Gold Hunters' not as valuable but more fun and you don't need to go underground.
I guessed it was a mistake with the SD card Bruce, at least, I've never seen one that big.
Yes Coober Pedy is an opal mining town, they live underground because it gets so hot in summer. The first time I went there I stayed in a motel with rooms underground - I say underground, they basically drill massive tunnels in a cliff face and create a cave.

I have photos and movies but they are not dash cam footage.

This was during the drought in Qld when they were droving cattle on the long paddock.

Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 12:33 PM

I have a dash cam in the main car, but I really should put one in the other two as well.

The only footage of interest so far has been when I tried to block a car being chased" by the police during a low speed pursuit. Sadly it got past me on a roundabout.

Had I been on my own and in an old banger, I would have happily made contact if necessary, but my Lovely Cousin was with me, and I was driving the mobility car so couldn't risk damaging her or the car.
I'll have a look, but I don't think I have the footage now.

I don't have a mini SD card reader so I just brought the cam into the house and plugged the USB lead into my laptop. The sucker that sticks the cam to the mirror has a quick release lever, so it is dead easy to remove and refit in a few seconds.

Mine is wired to a power socket that is only live when the ignition is on, but records for another three minutes after the power is off.
I do want to have power with the ignition off so it will record whilst in car parks though. Partly in case the car gets damaged, and partly in case some nasty unregulated parking scammer ghost tickets the car.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

saved a lolt of insurance questions when Sue sent this to our insurance company after this guy hit her
Exactly why we got ours. They remove any doubt as to fault.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

saved a lolt of insurance questions when Sue sent this to our insurance company after this guy hit her
RS, This looks awful - was the guy ok? He just sat there stunned for a second, before collapsing!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:33 PM

yes he was ok just a little shaken. He came around to our house to say sorry and i showed him this video mainly to stop him disputing whose fault it was, not that he would have done but always better to prevent arguements before than after. This was sent to our insurance company as well
Far better than trying to explain, thank goodness I insisted both our cars are fitted with dash cams
Sue was driving I wasn't there
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:35 PM

Oh that's good for all concerned then, RS. Having been in a few accidents myself (which is why I have never had driving lessons, nor owned a car), its a pretty shocking experience. Glad it was all resolved, and no harm done
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:40 PM

I also keep a small compact camera in the car as well.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 09:01 PM

My Dad was a crap driver, he only ever had one accident, but he watched hundreds happen in his rear view mirror....

If you're reading this Dad......Sorry....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

03-04-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My Dad was a crap driver, he only ever had one accident, but he watched hundreds happen in his rear view mirror....

If you're reading this Dad......Sorry....
Ha! Gosh, sounds like mine....he used to drive over roundabouts, rather than go around them....!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ha! Gosh, sounds like mine....he used to drive over roundabouts, rather than go around them....!
I've only ever done that once - as a passenger in large car driven by a blind drunk driver, i.e. although short-sighted, he refused to wear glasses and he'd drunk the equivalent of eight pints of beer ..... it was unexpected, unnerving and, fortunately, uneventful.

However, since the large roundabout was on a major road, the tyre tracks entering and leaving a grassy knoll, which, itself, remained undisturbed, were the object of local interest and some speculation for several days .....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top