Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 10:03 PM

Roberts Rambles 2

It was sunny when I started but after a three mile road walk to South Bramwith some fierce looking nimbus clouds were assembling on the horizon and were producing a few spots of rain, but not enough for me to break out the waterproofs or dissuade these fishermen from their match...

I crossed the canal bridge and came across these new barriers that had been erected since last week when I was here.

The river bridge is usually closed in times of flood and a policeman is assigned to prevent any wouldbe crossers, but these barriers would save the overtime. There was also some major riverbank work taking place, it makes me wonder if they know something I don't......

It's usually pretty quiet around here, but this work had been going on since March, big job!. After a long uneventful walk along the canal bank, apart from a small downpour that did require the waterproofs, I arrived at this line of Ash trees and was surprised to see that they had only just started to bud. I think that's pretty late this year....

Time for reflection while it's quiet before I return to the village and the hustle and bustle, something I never can do when I'm running.....

Just six miles today.....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	15516   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	15517   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	15518   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	15519   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	15520  

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 10:06 PM

Re: Roberts Rambles 2

Nice pose at the end there, Foxy!

Lovely photos all round actually.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 10:09 PM

Another interesting walk Bob, which do you enjoy the most - walking or running?

By the way, who took your photo?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 05:49 AM

I see the legs got another airing.....Great pics
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 08:31 AM

Can see your rambles are going to be an incentive to get out and about now that restrictions are lifted today and riverside pubs open.
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 08:56 AM

Interesting pics Robert. Wish I could do the walks with you. Unfortunately my walking days are over. I look forward to more of your photos. Peri.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Nice pose at the end there, Foxy!

Lovely photos all round actually.
Thanks Pixie, sometimes it's nice to escape the realities of life...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-05-2021, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Another interesting walk Bob, which do you enjoy the most - walking or running?

By the way, who took your photo?
Thanks Mags...
Walking versus Running? A good question.....
Running and walking are like watching a film or reading the book. One takes longer and has more detail, but the story is the same....

Self timer on the camera Mags....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-05-2021, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I see the legs got another airing.....Great pics
I've been walking in the shorts since March, and running in them all through the winter, Summer...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-05-2021, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Can see your rambles are going to be an incentive to get out and about now that restrictions are lifted today and riverside pubs open.
Now some of the lockdown restrictions have been lifted Cinders, I hoping to expand my horizons....

All reports are welcome Cinders.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top