Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 08:44 PM

Re: Roberts Rambles 4

Thanks Surfermon, most of the houses are semi detached or detached, and not a bad price to be honest. They start from around £109,000 for a three bedroom one.

I tried to find some historical information about the windmill and water tower, but after spending an hour or two searching the interweb I could only turn up the same info that I posted...

Now the shoes.... I'm glad you asked me that Surfer.
I purchased a pair of New Balance 860's a while back and intended to use them for running in once my Adidas ones wore out. Well at the beginning of this year the time came to break them out. At £100 a pair I had great expectations for them, but after only a couple of runs I realised they were not what I expected.. The cushioning was great, and the stability was superb, but weighing in at 340 grams they were far too heavy for a lightweight runner (10.5 stone) so I went back to Adidas.

However, not to waste all that money I decided to use them for walking, and what a brilliant shoe they have turned out to be. So good in fact, I would most certainly buy another pair once they have worn out. And it's still possible to run in them for short distances.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Balance 860 v9.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	15563  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 08:49 PM

Re: Roberts Rambles 4

Originally Posted by bret ->
Hi OGF - just wondering whether this applied to you with your busy lifestyle and all your schedules?/
It might seem like I do a lot bret, but there's a lot of sitting and sleeping happening between adventures....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top