Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 09:53 AM

PC/Phone App - AnyList

My favourite shopping list app, OutofMilk, has been sold off for American use only .....

Every cloud has a silver lining though (possibly) .....

After reviewing several alternatives on the internet, I've downloaded "AnyList" for a trial on my Android phone .....

https://www.anylist.com/lists

Has anyone used this app .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 09:58 AM

Re: PC/Phone App - AnyList

Not that one particularly, Omah, but I use ToDoist, which is kindof the same thing. Its free for 5 active projects, which suits me well enough.https://todoist.com/features

Is this one of the ones you had a look at?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Not that one particularly, Omah, but I use ToDoist, which is kindof the same thing. Its free for 5 active projects, which suits me well enough.https://todoist.com/features

Is this one of the ones you had a look at?
No, I didn't come across that one, presumably because it's a sophisticated task management app .....

My requirement was for a shopping list .....

TBH, I've tried using ToDo apps on my PC but I can never keep up with them - the list of things outstanding is always far too intimidating .....
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:28 AM

I use Alexa, just tell her to add 'xyz' to my shopping list, and it gets automatically listed on the Alexa app on my phone. The beauty of this is that as I shop I can tick off items I've picked up so I can see at a glance what else I need to get.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

My requirement was for a shopping list .....

Hmmm, you might have to try the manual method then, of Pen & Paper. No chance of glitches on that "app"
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-06-2021, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I use Alexa, just tell her to add 'xyz' to my shopping list, and it gets automatically listed on the Alexa app on my phone. The beauty of this is that as I shop I can tick off items I've picked up so I can see at a glance what else I need to get.
Although I don't use Alexa at the moment, the app will interface with it (and Siri), if required at a later date .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-06-2021, 10:45 AM

Hmmm, you might have to try the manual method then, of Pen & Paper. No chance of glitches on that "app"
OutofMilk was an excellent app that added up my list as I compiled it then deducted the items that I bought but AnyList does even more (apparently) .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

23-06-2021, 10:49 AM

I also use the Reminders or Notepad app that came with my phone. Just another option for quick list stuff? You do have to remove them yourself, of course...but if AnyList works for you, that's fabulous. I'm all for making life easy
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-06-2021, 10:57 AM

I also use the Reminders or Notepad app that came with my phone. Just another option for quick list stuff? You do have to remove them yourself, of course...but if AnyList works for you, that's fabulous. I'm all for making life easy
I use Google apps for planning and reminders, i.e. "Calendar" - "Keep" is an additional little gem .....

https://www.google.com/keep/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 11:18 AM

I've made a list on a spreadsheet that contains everything we buy each week, I then print off copies. All Mrs Fox has to do is delete the items that we don't want for that week.
The items on the list are laid out in the order you will find them in Tesco so you can proceed round in a particular order.
Before anyone says it.......Very little moves around in our local Tesco, except at Christmas when there are some small changes but nothing serious.

Two lists per sheet of A4.......

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shopping Lists X 2.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	16050  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top