Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 04:11 PM

Re: Emotional Eating or Not?

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I make my own Pixie, and if I say so myself they are some of the finest I have tasted, but I prefer mine straight from the freezer, you really should try it...
Ummm....why? That's sacrilege! Besides, my teeth wouldn't take it I don't think. Don't tell me you eat frozen mince pies, Barry
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Me too, LD. I find that I just cannot tolerate any food if I'm really stressed/upset, doesn't matter how tasty it seems. Its like the body shuts down to cope with whatever is going on, and diverts all the energy to the brain/emotions.
Exactly - you put it much more clearly that I do Piixie.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 06:00 PM

Ummm....why? That's sacrilege! Besides, my teeth wouldn't take it I don't think. Don't tell me you eat frozen mince pies, Barry
Yes, I love 'em ..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes, I love 'em ..
Well...umm...good for you, I think!

*pauses*

No, no, wait...its all wrong Barry, I can't let you do that to yourself. You need to warm them, get the aroma spreading through the kitchen, taste the warm spices, feel the juiciness....you are missing out on sooooo much!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 06:32 PM

Because I don't have naughty food in the house I turn to the baking cupboard for 'comfort food ' so sour cherries, flaked almonds, dried fruit and I have even been known to eat a whole jelly when desperate .....

When little and desperate it was cocoa and sugar mixed to a paste with water .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-06-2021, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Because I don't have naughty food in the house I turn to the baking cupboard for 'comfort food ' so sour cherries, flaked almonds, dried fruit and I have even been known to eat a whole jelly when desperate .....

When little and desperate it was cocoa and sugar mixed to a paste with water .
If it hits the spot and makes you feel a little bit better, what's the harm, eh?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 07:33 PM

I just smoke a joint for comfort. Then I get the munchies: cheese on toast. Then I get a little thirsty: beers in the fridge. Then I fancy another joint.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-06-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I just smoke a joint for comfort. Then I get the munchies: cheese on toast. Then I get a little thirsty: beers in the fridge. Then I fancy another joint.
Whatever makes you feel better D00d. Never tried a joint, just the smell of them round here makes me want to
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 08:10 PM

If it hits the spot and makes you feel a little bit better, what's the harm, eh?
...it didn't Pixie I felt guilty afterwards ...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-06-2021, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...it didn't Pixie I felt guilty afterwards ...
Awww

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top