Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 06:28 PM

Re: Warming the oven?

Except for when doing Yorkshire puds, or a nice piece of pork, I never pre-heat my oven. It's a fan oven and gets hot pretty quickly.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My skin doesn't need to breathe I guess as my lungs do all the work. the worst thing a woman can do at night is wash her face with soap and water. It strips away the natural oils.

I don't tend to believe everything I read or am told. I guess I am a rebel. I might change my mind about warming the oven if I were to make a souffle which I have never tried. However, I suspect that I may live out my days without having that unique experience.
I’m going to argue with you on skin doesn’t need to breathe …..of course it does !
I never wash my face with soap and water at night or any other time anyway .

Your argument about not warming the oven ? You wouldn't have a leg to stand on honestly faced with professional cooks and you didn’t answer my question … would you put a cake mix into a cold oven ?
When we used to have fish and chip dinners once a week when we both went out to work and my son came home from school for dinners I would always have the oven warming to put them in when my husband arrived with them . Keeping them nice and hot in their newspaper while we set the table
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I’m going to argue with you on skin doesn’t need to breathe …..of course it does !
I never wash my face with soap and water at night or any other time anyway .

Your argument about not warming the oven ? You wouldn't have a leg to stand on honestly faced with professional cooks and you didn’t answer my question … would you put a cake mix into a cold oven ?
When we used to have fish and chip dinners once a week when we both went out to work and my son came home from school for dinners I would always have the oven warming to put them in when my husband arrived with them . Keeping them nice and hot in their newspaper while we set the table
yes I do put cake mix into a cold oven. Turns out fine.

You put newspaper into an oven and you're judging me?!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
yes I do put cake mix into a cold oven. Turns out fine.

You put newspaper into an oven and you're judging me?!
How can you possibly judge the cooking time of that cake mix ? It’s being heated up in under the recommended temperature for a start!
I don’t understand your reasoning why you don’t follow instructions anyway.
Comparing what you say you do …. I think you might be taking the Michael here for the fun of it … to me putting wrapped fish and chips into a warm oven to keep them hot once again is a case of an argument that holds no logic.
Time to back down I think Annie
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 03:10 PM

Using my logic is less likely to set the house on fire.....!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top