Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:35 AM

Pimms

Have any of you ever drank Pimms, is it nice , I've never tasted it but would like to try it for a change
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:53 AM

Re: Pimms

Oh yes we used to have Pimms on the first day back in September at 'new girls tea' in the boarding school in which I worked . It makes me think of hot marquees .

I now have it once a year in my grandchildren's school. The parents and family of the pupils are invited to 'Pimms, wine and nibbles' at the end of summer term .
I have missed it for the last 2 years because of Covid.

It tastes a bit 'ginny'/spicy/fruity with the aroma of the fruit and herbage on your glass adding to the overall taste experience...
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:57 AM

Sounds nice, must buy a bottle, I'm a bit fed up with red wine....just an excuse
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:02 PM

It's lovely ... haven't had it for years though.

This weather it'll make a nice long cool refreshing drink in a tumbler with ginger ale and loads of ice. Stick a slice of lime or lemon in too if you fancy.
If you don't fancy ginger ale lemonade will do the job too. Or tonic. Some go for that instead.

The nice thing is you can mix your own strength ... I ended up getting carried away and putting gin in it too and after 2 tall tumblers was flat on my back, totally crapulous.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:53 PM

Pimms is delicious!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Pimms is delicious!
Get the long silk skirts and straw hats out ST

I will bring the ice, time for Pimms
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Get the long silk skirts and straw hats out ST

I will bring the ice, time for Pimms
Yipee! I'll be right there!

Another nice one (if you like orange flavour) is Martini Fiero with tonic water and lots of ice!
paula
scotland

21-07-2021, 12:56 PM

Oh good, we'll have a party...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 01:34 PM

Not available in SA
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

21-07-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yipee! I'll be right there!

Another nice one (if you like orange flavour) is Martini Fiero with tonic water and lots of ice!
I don't care for Martini ST too medicinal tasting for me ...
Originally Posted by paula ->
Oh good, we'll have a party...
A bit too warm outside Paula, do you have a palm covered terrace, we could have it there...
Originally Posted by Minx ->
Not available in SA
We will send you some Minx can't have you missing out...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top