Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 04:44 PM

Collections: Valuing, Buying and Selling

With some time on my hands at the moment, I have finally began sorting out my vinyl collection for possible sale.
I have drawn up a table with Artist/Title/Format/Condition and current prices if available using Ebay & Record Collector as price guides. I will then decide which I want to sell and how to go about it.
I have quite a few rarities and so far it's quite enjoyable going through my collection again after being housed in the loft since the 1980s.

Is buying and selling a hobby (or even a job) for you?
What would you never sell?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 05:01 PM

Re: Collections: Valuing, Buying and Selling

I have sold a few things on ebay that I no longer want.
I do buy a lot on ebay, I have just ordered to Lamps for outside.
At the moment I am selling a Concrete Water Fall on ebay.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 05:07 PM

That's good, Susie
We'll try to keep the thread about our hobbies of collecting, not so much buying anything we need from Amazon or Ebay....that would count more as basic "shopping"
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
With some time on my hands at the moment, I have finally began sorting out my vinyl collection for possible sale.
I have drawn up a table with Artist/Title/Format/Condition and current prices if available using Ebay & Record Collector as price guides. I will then decide which I want to sell and how to go about it.
I have quite a few rarities and so far it's quite enjoyable going through my collection again after being housed in the loft since the 1980s.

Is buying and selling a hobby (or even a job) for you?
What would you never sell?

"er indoors"
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 08:57 PM

Ok Flyody,

I collect Piss Pots, I have 5 Antique ones at the moment but need another 2.

Also I have a collection of Tea Pots.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 09:27 PM

Be careful not to confuse them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 05:55 AM

I have 369 cats living in my bathroom. Some of them a quite valuable. Here are a few:-

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 08:16 AM

I'm not a collector, I offloaded my old LPs at a charity shop back in the 80s instead of sticking them in the attic. There were no rarities amongst them.

I've bought and sold some used camera gear in recent years ... Gumtree mostly ... functional stuff, not collectors items.

But I sometimes think it would be nice to own some 60s/70s gear just for it's beauty ... the kind of camera that today's state of the art box of tricks, with it's "retro" looks, is based on.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 08:30 AM

This was my first proper camera from 40 years ago. I wish I'd kept it. Isn't it the most beautiful thing?

Wikipedia
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
This was my first proper camera from 40 years ago. I wish I'd kept it. Isn't it the most beautiful thing?

Wikipedia
Very nice d00d

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top