Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 12:34 PM

Re: On The Road Again

Great, interesting photos Bruce and I love the Holden.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2019, 10:57 PM

Amazing photos Bruce

The last few remind me of the Western films years ago
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 12:34 AM

Picked up a few passengers on the way home yesterday.

(...or why I have fly wire over the front of my car - at least they weren't locusts)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020173.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	10929  
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 05:49 AM

Bruce, September and October are big months for insects here: love bugs, moths, and dragonflies. What insects are you seeing most, Bruce? That's a stunning number, but I suppose it's a sign of a healthy ecosystem.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Bruce, September and October are big months for insects here: love bugs, moths, and dragonflies. What insects are you seeing most, Bruce? That's a stunning number, but I suppose it's a sign of a healthy ecosystem.
I have had all sorts of interestingly coloured bugs commit suicide on my windscreen and bullbar including quite pretty butterflies. I can't pretend to know much about them.

After about 500km I had to clean the windscreen before continuing on the wipers don't touch them but that is a normally a daily job anyway.

Many years ago I drove through a plague of locusts in my Mitsubishi Starwagon and never gave it a thought until I saw a car by the road side obviously overheating. I quickly stopped to crawl under the van to check my radiator. I found the suspension and bodywork a mass of squashed insects BUT not one on the radiator - the airflow must have separated them out. Since then I have put flywire on the front of my car at all times - I don't know why I had forgotten it because years ago it was a common practice and these days car radiators seem more vulnerable to stones and insects.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

25-10-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Great, interesting photos Bruce and I love the Holden.
The best you can say about the older Holdens was that they had character and they lasted well on Australian roads. I have had a few - the FB in the photo (minus the bonnet ornament) and a couple of Kingswoods (a HK and a HJ) - parts were cheap, standard and they held 6 passengers but they leaked, the floors rusted out (easy to fix though), three speed gearboxes with column shift (big, torquey straight 6 motors you rarely needed to change gear - basically big, crude cars but fun.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top