Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 06:07 PM

Re: Blood Pressure Tablets

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I always though BP medication was to lower your BP not to thin the blood but might be wrong .
I cough when I lie down,a bit of a frog in the throat really but I'm not on any medication .
Don't on any account stop BP medication !

I
When I left hospital after a heart attack I was told that because of a weak heart I have to take these tablets to keep my blood thin. Maybe they are nothing to do with BP, I don,t honestly know. But I have been told that this dry cough is due to these tablets.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I used to have a bad cough and it turned out my BP meds were the cause. The doctor tried me on a new tablet and the cough went.
Same here, I had my BP tablets changed twice before my GP found one suitable for me. Amlodopine made my ankles and feet swell so I was changed to Rampiril. Rampiril gave me a persistant cough so back to the GP I went and I was then prescribed Candesartan ..... no bad reaction at all from this one.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 06:15 PM

Blood thinners are called Anticoagulants and are different from Blood Pressure tablets.

Mr Mags takes BP tablets and Anticoagulant tablets every day.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 06:21 PM

Thanks for that explanation Mags. So the tabs I take are not for BP but blood thinning.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

23-10-2019, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Thanks for that explanation Mags. So the tabs I take are not for BP but blood thinning.
It sounds like it Big Ben, especially as you have had a heart attack. The next time you visit your GP, maybe ask him/her if he/she could change your medication and prescribe a different tablet as you are still getting this annoying cough.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 07:38 PM

It's all related. The tabs you take probably do both. I take a cocktail of three tabs for BP, each works differently. I also take 75mg aspirin daily.

I take these after breakfast, they work, so I don't intend changing this 20 year old habit until told otherwise.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 07:56 PM

I was always led to believe that blood pressure dropped during the night and rose during the day so taking medication in the morning seemed to make sense.
big ben
United Kingdom

23-10-2019, 08:40 PM

Strange how one has, sometimes, to take one tablet to counteract any bad effect another may have on you.
I have to take one, Can,t recall it,s name, and because it may cause bleeding in the stomach I have to take another to counteract this.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 08:58 PM

Strange how one has, sometimes, to take one tablet to counteract any bad effect another may have on you.
I have to take one, Can,t recall it,s name, and because it may cause bleeding in the stomach I have to take another to counteract this.
That is often the case Big Ben. I was given those to counteract tablets I had been prescribed.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:49 PM

I take Coversyl for BP and Plavix for blood thinning in the early morning. I have 2 stents and a defib/ pacemaker. Thankfully no side effects apart from that bloody infuriating cough.Doesn't it drive you mad!?...I find Strepsils ease it down considerably. If you have a cardiologist I would take his/her advice on when to take BP meds.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top