Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:59 PM

Elbow's new album

I have just bought this on a whim tonight when passing the CD aisle in the supermarket. I saw these guys at a music festival back in 2012 and they were fantastic, with a spectacular firework display at the end in sync with the music. Totally magical. But I haven't really thought about them. Until that is I saw them on TV recently, not sure it may have been on Graham Norton and I thought to myself why I hadn't bought any of their music. The music is so full bodied and satisfying. You just want to stop what you're doing and listen.

Anyone else a fan of this wondrous band?
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 12:27 AM

Re: Elbow's new album

I've liked Elbow for some time now. This is a favourite,

Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:26 PM

Re: Elbow's new album

Something we agree on Annie.

not bought the album yet but will do....probably on vinyl next time I'm in Edinburgh!

I don't know if you realise but Guy Garvey, lead singer of Elbow, hosts a radio show on BBC Radio 6 music on a Sunday.
It's a great listen and his choice of music is wonderful....give it a go.

I think it's called Guy Garvey's Finest Hour............You can get it on catch up and listen to it anytime..........Well worth it!

Here's a link for you....you might need to register though!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000b5cv

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top