Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 05:25 PM

My Local NHS

Hi

An example of my local NHS.

https://news.sky.com/story/babies-an...finds-11864886

https://www.cqc.org.uk/news/releases...ital-nhs-trust

Things are not improving

A and E waiting times are the second worst in England as are times spent on stretchers in corridors before getting a bed.

Management is a nightmare, it takes after a doctor says you can be discharged until you actually get out.

Infection rates are unacceptable and they are so short of staff they are using Agency Nurses from London who are staying in local hotels.

Getting a GP Appointment is a nightmare, and just recently one surgery has closed with 4100 patients having to try to find a new GP.

This is not a world class standard as our MPs claim
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 08:53 PM

Re: My Local NHS

All to do immigrants jumping the queue over us who have worked and paid our taxes for endless years. I know it's a taboo subject but when Human Rights are involved, everybody gets itchy.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 12:19 AM

It's mainly staffed by immigrants. British GPs go to places like Australia and New Zealand having trained here (often for free in the days they were at uni). I've known some who have done so because they have a better life there. They can keep horses and drink wine in the sun. Meanwhile we have to entice people from other countries to take their place.

Mr Farage is on QT explaining that the problem is increased population. He is saying that we should have an insurance based system for those who are wealthier. "I'm not forcing people who earn over x per year, but....." He is being asked how he would prevent a two-tier system with this model. He's saying that we already have private healthcare so the system is there. He doesn't perhaps understand that the private healthcare system doesn't provide for the most expensive treatments.

He thinks we should train more doctors and nurses from here. A revolutionary idea.

Someone asks where the carers will come from to look after people who end up an A&E otherwise, given many such care workers come from abroad. He replies that there will be a work permit system, but these workers won't have a right to citizenship. So he is not suggesting we recruit Brits as carers. But that immigrants will want to come here to work as carers with no prospects for ever settling here. It would be interesting to understand what would happen to them if they lost their jobs.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 09:42 AM

Hi

It has just been featured on BBC Breakfast, dozens of mothers and babies have died and the Trust is still refusing to hand over hundreds of Case Files.

If this had been cats or dogs there would have been a huge indignation on this Forum.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:02 AM

Getting an appointment with a GP?
If you have a good chemist in your town it is quicker and sometimes more beneficial to see him than a doctor as they will make time to listen to you whereas a doctor will limit the time he/she will give you. My doctor gives each patient five minutes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It has just been featured on BBC Breakfast, dozens of mothers and babies have died and the Trust is still refusing to hand over hundreds of Case Files.

If this had been cats or dogs there would have been a huge indignation on this Forum.
The most shocking thing is that these incidents span decades and routine inspections failed to spot them. What's the point of regulatory bodies if they do not regulate?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 03:31 PM

I have heard many such reports of poor healthcare. We are lucky here that, so far, we have been able to access good healthcare and long I hope it continues.

As some have said, the NHS is at a breaking point largely as a result of uncontrolled immigration. This should have been addressed long ago and I worry that it is already too late. Nevertheless, immigration in large numbers continues. Even worse is the suggestion that we have more and more people who are making use of our health services, but make no contributions to finance it.

Mismanagement of the country, pure and simple. I believe that it is no coincidence that over the same period of the decline of the NHS, we have had totally incompetent politicians in charge.

Somehow, I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel I'm sad to say.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-11-2019, 08:43 PM

I really do despair when I keep seeing immigrant demand as the reason that there are big problems with the NHS. This is just nonsense. It's political meddling that's the root cause of all problems with the services.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I really do despair when I keep seeing immigrant demand as the reason that there are big problems with the NHS. This is just nonsense. It's political meddling that's the root cause of all problems with the services.
Nothing to do with the population numbers vs. the available resources, then?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-11-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Nothing to do with the population numbers vs. the available resources, then?
It's not the size of a population that matters, but the proportion of that population that is chronically sick and with complex needs at any one time.

The costs have increased because of an ageing population, new healthcare technology, and the massive cost of more advanced medicines/treatments. Diabetes rates are going up exponentially. Chronic conditions developing earlier in life. Poor social care, obesity, sedentary lifestyles. It's also a victim of it's own success. People are being treated for conditions that used to kill them so are using the system longer. For example, according to Diabetes UK, diabetes costs the NHS £10bn a year. They expect 5 million people to have it by 2025. It's more than doubled in the last 20 years. Every two minutes someone in the UK is being diagnosed with cancer.

It's also a two way street. I had to take my elderly mum to be fitted for a 24 hour blood pressure test today. The lady fitting her with the monitor (who incidentally was Brazillian) said she did not have enough of the monitors to go round because patients keep forgetting to return them. The monitors cost about £3k each. She said she has been ringing one lady for months and she keeps promising to return it but hasn't yet. They have even offered a courier but she declined. Crazy.

Anyway the sort of problems being described (GP shortages, waiting time increases) are down to professionals retiring due to political meddling. There aren't enough doctors and nurses. Who removed the bursary?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top