Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 12:32 AM

Re: My Local NHS

It is also to do with the way the NHS wastes money hand over fist, year by year. It is no use to keep giving them money unless they are made accountable for how it is spent, and until they rid it of corrupt management.
I worked for them for many years and was appalled at some of the goings on!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It is also to do with the way the NHS wastes money hand over fist, year by year. It is no use to keep giving them money unless they are made accountable for how it is spent, and until they rid it of corrupt management.
I'd love to know what sort of goings on ST? The thing is that if someone like you wrote a book it would make people sit up and pay attention. How else can corruption be outed?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Certainly, the NHS has always (for as long as I've been aware, anyway) been inefficient, certainly regarding administration.

The hospital where I first worked was overseen by an Area Health Authority, a District Health Authority above it, and a Regional Health Authority above that! There was no doubt an enormous amount of duplication.

As far as I am aware, although organisation is now different, there is certainly a great surfeit of administrators.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

As far as I am aware, although organisation is now different, there is certainly a great surfeit of administrators.
Yet it appears to take weeks to get a letter typed or to get through on the phone.

It's quite important though that when you go to hospital they have your notes and not someone else's. I guess it's nice if there is someone to make sure there are enough beds, that someone has ordered the medicine, made sure the bed sheets are clean, that the equipment is in working order, that the ward has been cleaned, that the nurses and doctors are paid, that the lights work, that the toilets have paper in them (and that it has been ordered). That the phones and computers work and that there is help if they don't. Today my mum needed a wheelchair. I was pretty glad that they had reception staff who could direct me to one. I would hope that would not be left to the doctors and nurses to sort out.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 09:08 AM

On a similar thread.
I am 92. I live on my own and have tried on numerous occasions to get a doctor to come and see me as I cannot get down to the surgery and have been told several times they are fully booked.
If I were living in a nursing home or care home and asked for a doctors visit one would be out in no time.
So, by living on my own I am saving the authorities money so why am I being refused a home visit when it is needed.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I really do despair when I keep seeing immigrant demand as the reason that there are big problems with the NHS. This is just nonsense. It's political meddling that's the root cause of all problems with the services.
Annie where do you think all these illegal immigrants go when they arrive in the Uk ?
They all seem to need checkups immediately .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It has just been featured on BBC Breakfast, dozens of mothers and babies have died and the Trust is still refusing to hand over hundreds of Case Files.

If this had been cats or dogs there would have been a huge indignation on this Forum.
Surely this is over many years ?
Women do die in childbirth as do babies .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-11-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Annie where do you think all these illegal immigrants go when they arrive in the Uk ?
They all seem to need checkups immediately .
Muddy it's not illegal immigrants going for checkups (if that's even possible or happening which I doubt) that are causing bed blockage, GPs to retire, nurses to be put off training, medicines to be so expensive, turning people into unhealthy couch potatoes who create increasing pressure on the system.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
On a similar thread.
I am 92. I live on my own and have tried on numerous occasions to get a doctor to come and see me as I cannot get down to the surgery and have been told several times they are fully booked.
If I were living in a nursing home or care home and asked for a doctors visit one would be out in no time.
So, by living on my own I am saving the authorities money so why am I being refused a home visit when it is needed.
Have you thought of phoning the NHS helpline on 111? It's a nationwide helpline for anyone wanting advice and help, they would give you advice on whatever health problem you had. They may even organise a GP home visit, not absolutely sure on that one or exactly what they can do as I've not used them, but it might be worth a try. I do know they will send an ambulance if they believe it's that urgent though.

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs...-care/nhs-111/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Muddy it's not illegal immigrants going for checkups (if that's even possible or happening which I doubt) that are causing bed blockage, GPs to retire, nurses to be put off training, medicines to be so expensive, turning people into unhealthy couch potatoes who create increasing pressure on the system.

Annie once more you are evading questions .
When illegal immigrants are discovered in the back of a lorry they usually go off to a hospital to be checked over .
This happens all the time .
When health tourists fly in from Nigeria or anywhere else they get free lengthy treatment on the NHS and they do take beds and attention from doctors nurses etc .
Therefore they are taking away from legitimate British people who also require treatment .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top